Should Patraeus Be Prosecuted?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 10, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

What?? I say WHAATTT?

The guy just wanted to fcuk a little. Give a normal healthy man a break.

Leave his personal sexual life alone- its a private thing.

If his wife feels bad about it- oh well then do a divorce and both can do whatever they want.

Jesus Christ, big news!
    A guy wanted to do a dirty romance with another woman! Disaster! Horror! Drama! Who does not want that?
    Only the asexual or complete hypocrites.

What a disgusting culture...

#51     Nov 13, 2012

2. The defense and intelligence agencies fear this type of personal vulnerability in one of its members because the person is open to blackmail.

The Russians, and undoubtedly many other countries, would salivate at the prospect of discovering this situation.

#52     Nov 15, 2012
  3. +1

He did the right thing by stepping down ASAP.

#53     Nov 15, 2012
  4. So you know Obama was seething. Bullshit you're making this up.

#54     Nov 15, 2012

5. We all know big wigs don't get prosecuted for getting their noodle wet with a little "strange".

His "affair" excuse is a misdirect.

#55     Nov 15, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I guess I developed the idea that Obama and millions of other leftists were furious with the general when I saw the full page ad in the NYT lampooning Petraeus as General Betrayus. I'm pretty sure the GOP didn't pay for that ad.

There seemed to be a lot of angst after he supported the surge in Iraq. Its not a huge intellectual stretch.

#56     Nov 15, 2012
  7. Only that's not what he did.

He stepped down when the administration outed him, conveniently after the election. The WashPost stated in an article that he wanted to keep his job and thought he would be able to. That belief alone raises grave questions about his judgment.

#57     Nov 15, 2012
  8. Nobody is going to get prosecuted. The bar has been set as low as you can go. It's okay to boink an intern in the White House. Nobody cares.

#58     Nov 15, 2012
  9. There was nothing intellectual about the statement. It was just shooting the breeze with buddies over a beer. But there was no beer.

#59     Nov 15, 2012