Should Patraeus Be Prosecuted?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 10, 2012.

1. We were exposed with JFK. He admitted to a teenage girl he was having an affair with, that he'd "Rather be red than dead". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That in a nutshell was the President's personal, inner-most feelings on the issue.

Was this teenage girl so hardened that the Russians could never have possibly gotten this admission from her?

After that, 250 million Americans would have woke up in much greater danger than they did the day before. Damn.

#31     Nov 12, 2012
  2. i think Patraeus is going to be denutted.

David Petraeus' Wife Said To Be Beyond Furious Over His Affair

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

#32     Nov 12, 2012

3. Yes, she only found out when the public found out.

The FBI knew for months, and *Petraus himself knew he would eventually have to resign and be called out in public*, but he STILL didn't tell his wife, *because he wanted to keep her in the dark for political reasons*, hoping to keep her well-behaved until after the elections.

Obama the manipulator gets people to take his side over their own wife, and then walks away from the mess, whistling. What a great guy Obama is.

#33     Nov 12, 2012
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

[​IMG]

#34     Nov 12, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

This is just a mess. Patreas needs to be dragged before Congress and made to talk until he spills the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

#35     Nov 12, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'm not sure what would shield him from a subpoena except a claim of executive privilege.

Maybe I'm missing something here but how does a resignation for an affair exempt him from giving congressional testimony?

#36     Nov 12, 2012
  7. Wow, sounds like he may have a harem, after all. What a stud.
    How old is this guy? Perhaps he should get a medal.

#37     Nov 12, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Looks like a contradiction in terms to me.

#38     Nov 12, 2012

9. Read this. Let me know if it has holes in it.

JFK stated he'd "Rather be dead than red" at the White House while dining with a young girl he was having an affair with. He was assassinated less than a month later.

Let's say you're CIA, or FBI. The world is going through its greatest military crisis ever, with everything on the line: nukes in Russia and the U.S. - as close as we've ever come to total destruction.

You are in the CIA or FBI. The President, just out of his thirties, is taking extensive medications for back pain, many of which are sedatives interfering with judgement. There is a string of mistresses, some with mob involvement. Do you "bug" the President? Should the entire history of the United States depend on one man not breaking down under this enormous pressure? A man who is already behaving irresponsibly?

You tape him. With one of the young mistresses. He says, "I'd rather be red than dead". Many would think, "We need a new guy in the top spot."

In our existing catalog of troublemakers, Lee Harvey Oswald was both proficient with weapons, and had a known communist history, so that the finger would later be pointed at Russia.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Lee Harvey Oswald fired all the shots.

BUT, you say, "Hey, Lee. Go down there and fire on the President. We will also be firing, and we will extract you so that we all get away."

When they captured Oswald he maintained his innocence, but strangely, for someone who is trying to maintain that he was totally uninvolved, he said, "I'm just a patsy in all of this".

Maybe we waxed JFK ourselves.

#39     Nov 12, 2012
  10. That is what the Lousiana prosecuter, Garrison, obviously thought. Except for different reasons. He regarded JFK as a patriot, as did most of the US at that time. He also had reservations about escalating the Vietnam War.

#40     Nov 12, 2012