Should Patraeus Be Prosecuted?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 10, 2012.

1. It's obvious as a misdirect or prevent sworn testimony.

even a liberal could figure it out

#21     Nov 12, 2012
  2. Sorry, I'm not that gullible.

The WashPost article over the weekend said she spent a lot of time in Afghanistan and was basically out of control, wearing tight outfits, etc. His adies smelled trouble from the getgo. She had "unusual" access, even thoiugh she had no previous journalistic or literary experience.

I don't know when this started, but it seems awfully convenient that it was all after he was out from under the UCMJ. That still leaves the little matter of the Director of Central Intelligence having a secret affair with an obviously unstable woman.

Then there is the question of why it took the FBI so long to uncover a few emails, if they actually expect us to believe that. Or why Eric Cantor would learn the DCI was engaged in such an obviously inappropriate situation yet do nothing for a month.

And of course, the big question is if he lied to congress, another crime. And if he was being blackmailed to do so, a potentially impeachable offense.

The thing I find very interesting is that the two parties are finally working together in a bipartisan fashion to cover this up.

#22     Nov 12, 2012
  3. r-in

r-in

Seriously? Why wasn't commander and loser Bill Clinton tossed on his ass? How what he did doesn't meet the same standard of national security risk? How about JFK? You know the democrat god JFK. I actually do think Petraeus is a moron for this and the potential for risk that he obviously couldn't get through to his little head. At the same time common sense and probably a little work by the FBI would be able to check if there was an actual risk, or just another dumb ass. And yea, I say that despite his service to our country. Because you serve doesn't make you exempt from being a dumb ass, and being labeled as one. I am a little tired of over excessive hero worship for everyone in this country who has done anything and in some cases nothing.
    I will also say there is pretty high likelihood of this coming through when it did, just as he was supposed to testify about Benghazi, and the next guy in line to testify may very well be a chimp who does what he is told. Not uncommon if you have worked in this world.

#23     Nov 12, 2012

4. In Patraeus position, he would know a lot of things. Like for instance, he could potentially know about the usurpers fake selective service doc, fake bc, and potentially stolen social security number.

And so the administration is almost sure to be making it known to the gen that if he keeps his big mouth shut, he'll keep all his pensions and financial incentives etc, and the republicans want him to keep his mouth shut to hide their own culpability in the biggest fraud in history.

Not that any of these things are necessary, as everyone in wash dc has piss running down their legs at the thought of the machine going after them for being a birther. (cough, telling the truth, cough)

#24     Nov 12, 2012
  5. And a NEW conspiracy is BORN!:D :D

#25     Nov 12, 2012
  6. mutluit

mutluit

He leaked national security information to he Israelis...

#26     Nov 12, 2012
  7. wildchild

wildchild

The Obama admin leaked national security information to the New York Times.

#27     Nov 12, 2012
  8. Just when you think they've all been silenced, oh man.

#28     Nov 12, 2012
  9. Rush is now saying that there are reports the Broadwell woman gave speeches in which she said the CIA annex in Benghazi was being used to house prisoners and that the attack was probably a rescue attempt.

Doesn't really change things, since it clearly wasn't over the video, but it's interesting how she could have come into possession of such info. Particularly since her BF was up on Capitol Hill telling lawmakers it was about the video.

I still sense there will be some thread connecting this to Romney's shocking refusal to discuss Benghazi in the last debate. He was told something, something so serious that he thought the only honorable thing to do was to avoid it. If so, he's the only honorable person in the whole sorry episode, except for those SEAL heroes.

#29     Nov 12, 2012

10. The FBI has also been enlisted to do the President's dirty work by trumping up charges against Paula Broadwell about hacking and spying on the head of the CIA.

This can be used to silence her, concerning the suspicious delayed timing of the Petraeus revelations - conveniently timed for after the Presidential election................

#30     Nov 12, 2012