Should minimum wage be lowered?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 14, 2010.

1. If the objective is to create more employers, I think minimum wage should be lowered.

#31     Mar 17, 2010
  2. John Galt is Howard Roark gone radical.

#32     Mar 17, 2010
  3. When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 23:22

There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land. Deuteronomy 15:11

One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.-Proverbs 11:24-25

Most likely he would have argued for raising the minimum wage. :confused:

#33     Mar 17, 2010
  4. Why not lower all wages then, a good incentive to create more employers.

#34     Mar 17, 2010
  5. If you look at the price of real food (not the shit Kraft sells), commodities like gas, nat gas, and other things not showing up in the CPI, you'll see wages have fallen for the majority of people, not just those at the minimum wage level.

Its just a matter of time before municipalities increase their rates, and this is why lowering the min. wage is stupid.

#35     Mar 17, 2010
  6. +1

#36     Mar 17, 2010
  7. You got it right!

#37     Mar 17, 2010
  8. He would be working hard on multiplying the loaves and fishes.

#38     Mar 17, 2010