Should marijuana be legal in the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cashmoney69, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

A little education on the industrial usage of hemp:

"Unlike cotton, hemp does not require large doses of pesticides and herbicides because it is naturally resistant to pests and grows fast, crowding out weeds. To make paper, trees must grow for many years, while a field of hemp can be harvested in a few months. Also, making paper from hemp uses only a fraction of the chemicals required to turn trees into paper."

Not to mention:

"The first Gutenberg bible, Christopher Columbus' ropes and sails, the Declaration of Independence and the first American flag were all were made from hemp.

And both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew and sold hemp.

During World War II, the crop was of such strategic importance for making clothing that the U.S. government provided farmers with subsidies for hemp cultivation."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/1215b3earthtalk1215.html

P.S.: You can even make BIODEGRADABLE plastic out of hemp...

#51     Jan 10, 2007
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

"Research shows that 10 to 20 percent of all pharmaceutical prescription medicines could be eliminated by using ganja (marihuana), potentially saving hundreds of billions of dollars (that is losing for big pharma) annually and decreasing the amount of poisons we take into our bodies through these 'better' medicines. Add to this the amount of over-the-counter medicines that could be reduced and ganja's benefit mounts even higher."

"Hemp provides four times as much pulp with at least four to seven times less pollution than paper made from trees. By switching back to hemp paper(used to make the American dollar at a certain time), we could save our forests and greatly reduce global warming and other problems created by deforestation.

#52     Jan 10, 2007
  3. Artie21

Artie21

#53     Jan 10, 2007
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Thats a huge overstatement.

Smoking pot once or twice a week is the similar to having a few beers once or twice a week.

Whoop dee doo.

Alarmist scare tactics.

#54     Jan 10, 2007
  5. L'il Duckling

Yeah but..... theres a diffrence.... music and movies are not bad for you in a physical way.

Tell that to the parents of the kids that jumped off balconies imitating Superman or the parents of the kids run over by cars while lying in the middle of the road like was done in a movie.

IMHO,you have this whole issue arse backwards. I have used MJ for 35 years of my 47,my brain is functioning quite fine and I have not had my will leave me to the pressures of harder drugs due to pot smoking. Mind you while drinking the leagal wiggly pops,I have been in fist fights,embarrassed my self and family and friends and yes i even used acid while under the wiggly pop influence,something i never would have done on a pot high.So IMHO L'il Duckling if there is a steppinmg stone drug it is ALCOHOL!not only that alcohol as already pointed out by others is a killer and home wrecker. Given a choice i would prohibit booze and legalize pot,but since i am open minded,legalize pot leave booze alone and let the masses choose their own method of vices. So to summarize,quit following the bleeding heart crowd of know nothings and step into the real world! experience the things you are passing judgement on before declaring yourself a judge! Till then you are in no way a credible source to anyone.

Lloyd111

#55     Jan 10, 2007
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Human nature never changes. People are dim witted sheep.

Thanks for posting that.

#56     Jan 10, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

i agree....not one person not one...has ever OD'd on pot...not the same for alcohol ( and its legal ) ...the only thing pot can be blamed for is in the loss of motivation ( in some cases) and increase in eating ( the munchies ).. altough all the sweat labor i have put into my house and it looks great has been under the influence of the MJ....I also agree that alcohol is the gateway and not pot to using harder drugs...and i agree with the poster on that alcohol can make you act like a fool and not in control which is not the case when lit up...peace

#57     Jan 10, 2007
  8. When you get a deadly brain tumor like Bob Marley you will only
    have yourself to blame. Have you ever seen a 60-70 year old
    dude still smoking dope? Nope, because they are all dead from
    some type of cancer or some other lung affliction.

And anyone who has smoked the weed while young knows beyond
    a fact that the same people who use it have better access to harder
    drugs and have more peer pressure to try it for the fun of it
    than the kids who happen to get some beer from someone older
    than them.

Legalizing it and passing it around like candy would be really, really dumb.

Do you know how many harmfull chemicals are in pot?

Last time I heard there were more than 4,000 chemicals formed
    when it is burned. And scientist's haven't even had time to study
    most of them yet.

#58     Jan 10, 2007
  9. El Cubano

Hey El,had to add this to your post! I too have been renovating my house while smoking tons of pot,trading like a banchi at the same time,both the house and the account look real fine.

Back in the day at about age 16 to 22 I went through the legal wiggly pop scenario.Cost me three cars,a career in the armed forces and one failed relationship. At the end of it all i gave up the booze period and found myself asking myself why didn't i just stick to the weed! reason i came up with was simple.

Society has illegalized pot in all avenues so i could not just go to a function and use my vice of choice,i had to stoop to the legal shit that this barbaric society has chosen for me and which lead to many problems i never would have encountered while blazing a good joint or two or three or all effing day and night long!.

Oh,did I mention that as a kid growing up in the west end there was a ton of us in a group (20 or so guys and same number of gals apx) we called ourselves the west end bummers. Myself and three other of the guys is all that is left,the rest all perished in alcohol related violence and car wrecks,all before age 30...18 of my friends,8 in one car wreck alone in november 76. Booze was the killer,not the weed.

#59     Jan 10, 2007

10. Version,you too are moronic!

Why people who are 60 or 70 do not smoke weed is simple,they have no connections to acquire it from. Sad thing for pot smokers is the passing of time as weed dealers tend to be younger than 60 or 70 and view the older person as a threat. Put weed on a shelf legally and watch your parents run in and grab some.

Also,if you can,show me proof that brain tumors are caused by weed smoking or ciggy smoking and not by the over hanging electric wires in your hood.

You truly are a moron. Get on the bus to bleeding hearts ville and please send the bus back...EMPTY!

#60     Jan 10, 2007