Should Israel strike Iran?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Kin2, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Iran is already supporting insurgent attacks on US troops, which is an act of war and justifies a US response. I'm really not that impressed by moral equivalency arguments when used to defend terrorists.

#41     Aug 6, 2006
  2. Pardon me, but did I say Israel did the right thing, or that they will do the right thing?

#42     Aug 6, 2006
    #43     Aug 6, 2006
  4. Who installed the Pehlavi puppets in Iran? Was Iran at that time supporting insurgent attacks on US troops? If you support US truck bombing mosques where many civilians will be killed then you are supporting acts of terrorism. Plain and simple.

#44     Aug 6, 2006
  5. So you believe that the decision to bomb Osirak was a mistake, right?

#45     Aug 6, 2006
  6. Did I say that?

#46     Aug 6, 2006
  7. The Pahlavi's were not puppets. They were representative of the ruling class natural inhabitants of Iran, the Persians. The Shiite Muslims are essentially immigrants to Iran who over time have become dominant much like many people fear will happen to the United States with immigrants from Mexico. The 20th Century became a cruch period for the Persians because they tried to maintain their Western affiliations ( which began with Alexander the Great and much inter-breeding) while at the same time becoming a minority. This kind of crunch happened in South Africa as well. Immigrants become the majority and the former majority is reluctant to surrender power. To blame the US for propping up a puppet regime in Iran is ridiculous. Ask any Persian what they think of the animals running their country now and you are not likely to get a very nice answer.

#47     Aug 6, 2006
  8. There are silo's in Israel right now on high alert with ICBM's pointed at Iran. The minute that Israel suspects Iran is going to launch on them I assure you they will assume the strike will be WMD of one type or another and will unleash on Iran. We will wake up one morning and there will no longer be an Iran. While this would be justified it is really gonna suck when oil is going for $500 a barrell.

#48     Aug 6, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

You were doing ok, but then you had to post this!

Well unlike most Americans at least you're trying. Keep going. :D

#49     Aug 6, 2006
  10. I asked you a question, do you believe that the decision to bomb Osirak was a mistake?

#50     Aug 6, 2006