Should Intel CEO still have his job? 8 new Spectre variants found inside Intel chips.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, May 5, 2018.

1. You make it sound as if Intel ships processors with viruses embedded inside them, which is a gross misrepresentation, of course.

2. ???

The vulnerability is called Spectre, so variants of that vulnerable might be called .. Spectre variants. The OP didn't make a judgement about anything, they wrote one line literally reporting the news.

bookish likes this.
  3. Read the subject of this thread.

bookish likes this.
  4. bookish

bookish

5. I read that intel was specifically shipping these chips with the viruses embedded therein. Nuts.

6. Not a lawyer, but is that little bit of insecurity in the back of your mind, regarding your data, worth any monetary damages? The chips don't work in a secure manner as they were intended to do.

When Snowden leaked the NSA docs, we became aware the government badly wanted average citizens data, and performed mass surveillance to get it.

A flaw in every chip (which is an unlocked back door) is a an even more direct way to get user's data.

7. bookish

bookish

Its a joke. I know a few secrets about computers. First hand knowledge. They are first and foremost a means of spying on you. Everything else is just bait to get you to use them. Honestly I'll be slightly surprised if this even posts.

8. I am surprised, too. Baron is a known CIA operative, who personally participated in the interrogations of the suspected terrorists, and there are rumors that he was the one who killed Usama Bin Laden. ET is just a cover front for him. The fact that the CIA did not censor your post is clearly a breakdown in the system.

9. bookish

bookish

I saw Baron while I was doing a mission for Blackwater in Iraq. He didn't even bother to bring a gun he just mowed everyone down with his knife like lightning.

#10     May 6, 2018