Should I worry?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ivanbaj, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Eric215

Eric215

I'm not disrupting this thread. I'm saving them from listening to unprofitable, yet theoretical, blowhards like yourself. Maybe you should spend more time listening and learning once in a while instead of making thousands of posts on a topic that you yourself can't succeed at. It's laughable.

Cabletrader says, "Hi, I'm cabletrader and this is what you should do to become successful, the other guy is wrong!" New Trader, "So, you constantly claim you know how to do it, you must be very successful?" Cabletrader, "Ummm, ahhh well.....no but I know how to do it."

Your kind is a dime a dozen and I'm just trying to save a few before they end up in the endless pit of unprofitability using your "advice".

#21     Jun 5, 2009
  2. pspr

pspr

It's not going to work now! You just told the whole world about it. I heard Warren Buffet was even going to take a look at using it. :D

Seriously, if it's working for you and you can keep your discipline then why worry? If it stops working for you some day, come up with something else. But never stop listening to new ideas.

#22     Jun 5, 2009
  3. Eric215

Eric215

Yes, you said it perfectly. This is advice that most will not catch and so they will go on using indicators, book theory, etc. Then one is either trapped for life in unprofitably or low profitability or they unbrainwash them selves and start to REALLY figure out how the really profitable traders are doing it. Most won't get it unfortunately because for some reason they feel comfortable rehashing (I was like this once) the same old same old. I'm not saying that my precious statement is perfect to the word, but the large CONSISTENTLY very profitable traders are buying when your selling and selling when your buying. Another words they are using an unorthodox methodology to take advantage of the majorities fear and greed. And for me, yes, it's that simple. The more this method of looking at the markets is applied, the easier it becomes and eventually you will at times feel like you are actually the market. This is why, eventually, when great profits are no longer the goal, ego control and humility are the focus.

#23     Jun 5, 2009
  4. No-one is discussing scalping or whether I'm profitable or not, and I'm not trying to teach anyone anything.

If you're really as obsessed with me and my trading activities as you appear to be then there are literally dozens of my trading blotters posted around these forums, just do a search of my username and keywords '+ trades wins pips' or something similar, you will see for yourself.

I'm not going to have this ridiculous conversation with you repeatedly, we've been through it a dozen times in this thread.

If you feel the urge to post the same dross over and over just refer to this reply and that thread for your answers.

#24     Jun 5, 2009
  5. :D

#25     Jun 5, 2009
  6. Mercor

Mercor

The best plan is a popular one. You buy then everybody buys. Works all the time.

#26     Jun 5, 2009
  7. Eric215

Eric215

If you keep attacking my posts and claiming that my advice is wrong, then I will continue to state that your advice is theoretical garbage from an unprofitable blowhard. I don't bother anyone else, because they don't always chime in like an arrogant know it all and state that my advice is wrong. You should be asking questions, not giving advice. I'm surly not going to stand by while some unsuccessful know it all claims that my advice is wrong, when there could be newer traders who want to learn from a real highly profitable trader. With your 1000+ posts It's like you are trying to be the forums "resident expert" when in fact, to the truly experienced, you are the resident blowhard. It's Ok, every forum has them.

#27     Jun 5, 2009
  8. I refer you to my previous reply, it's self-explanatory.

#28     Jun 5, 2009
  9. Eric215

Eric215

Good points. First off when I say panic selling or buying I am not just referring to spikes. The markets can move and stay at a certain level before all or most emotional "weak handed" traders exit their positions. So, though in my post I focused just on panic exits, that word may not have been the best term. So I will restate it like this, buy and sell at a point when most traders exit their positions emotionally OR when they just unemotionally give up and exit their positions due to what they think the chart is telling them. You have to find a way to mentally see or frame the markets in a way that allows you to buy when most traders would give up on their positions and exit. In the beginning it will feel like you are doing the opposite of what you would normally do (unless you are already highly profitable) and this is because most traders are trained improperly and are taught to focus on all measure of garbage instead of what actually controls the market, which is fear and greed. So, again, maybe panic wasn't the best word to use there because not all traders exit out of panic. I have developed my own proprietary way of taking advantage of this, but the methodology can be utilized and applied in number of different ways I'm sure. When you get good at seeing the market in is way you will understand why the market moves the way that it does and then you can much more easily predict its next move. You will almost be able to hear all the traders saying, "I give up this market is going in the opposite direction", lol, joking of course. I would like to go into this further and explain the intricacies of the typical trader's cycle and emotional activities drawn out on a chart, but I don't have the time right now, maybe another time.

#29     Jun 5, 2009

10. There are many ways to trade markets and no-one has a monopoly on profitable strategies. There's nothing to say another approach is any less effective than what you say you're doing, it's just a different approach is all.

To even suggest this is the most profitable way to trade and anyone who employs a different method is an underperformer, that's naiive in my opinion, and conceited.

If it works for you, great, other methods can work for other people equally as well, who knows perhaps even better.

#30     Jun 5, 2009