Should I trust this Forex trader?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Learning2Trade, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Take a large enough group of monkeys throwing darts and you will find some that have excellent 3 year records!

#11     Jan 28, 2011
  2. LearningToTrade:

The most basic thing you must realize is that everything about how you are viewing this guy and his proposal is WRONG. you do not have to bend down and taste the dog shit on the ground (or ask ANYONE about it) to know if it is edible.

Unless you use some modicum of common sense and recognize insanity reject it in a micro-second you will not succeed. This is beyond scam. It's just childish.

#12     Jan 28, 2011
  3. Does anyone here know about Interactive Brokers commitment to customer when it comes to wiring and things like that.
    Anyone experience any problems?

#13     Jan 29, 2011
  4. ah14

ah14

Learning to Trade- I also looked into investing with as my Forex Manager, but like you and others here I am very wary.

You can however open up a micro account, which is $2000 or less. If you are really interested in trying it out, why not invest $1000 and see how it goes? If you lose it, it would be a lesson learned but at least it's not $10000.

Would be interested to see how it goes for you!

#14     Feb 1, 2011

5. Why not invest YOUR money, jackass?
    Or, is that you, ?

#15     Feb 2, 2011
  6. he could have system but the risk is the guy can just take the money and run once you wire him the money in europe.

it's easier to steal than trade forex..

fraud is easy money. theft is 'easy money'

trading is 'work'

and you met him on a spam email or advertisement in some message board...

the guy could be a guy in nigeria even interpol can catch him there is no extradiction treaty in some countries meaning guys in cayman islands can't be brought to trial for fraud. in US soil.
    yeah in the fraudsters eye, you are sucker to send a total stranger money in a foreign country.

#16     Feb 2, 2011
  7. ah14

ah14

My, you're a friendly one- thanks for your helpful input towards the thread! I'm not investing as I don't want to risk my money. I was simply letting this person know he could open up a micro account in case he didn't want to risk that much money.

#17     Feb 2, 2011
  8. Thanks for the advice with http://www.cbfa.be just in case I get in contact with guys like him :)

There is no return for sure and you felt immediately that something is not right.

If you want to through your money away, go real gambling ;)

I trade by myself and use an autotrader as well. However, I have to give some trust to the auto trading software.

#18     Feb 14, 2011
  9. kvirzi

kvirzi

Hey Learning,

I found the same guy I am pretty sure. Same trading agent, same start date of the samples, and same idea.

they claim it is safe since the money is not touched by anyone but me and Alpari so the threats of wire scams etc are not possible, but perhaps there is a way to use the account at Alpari to make bad trades with himself so that he benefits thus taking our money through Alpari, but I do not know enough about how it all works.

I was very curious to see your post and wanted to email you but your settings do not allow it.

I am really curious if you tried investing with this guy and how it went, it seems really tempting but also very fishy and I really would love to know what you ended up deciding?

#19     Feb 14, 2011
  10. kayakfly

kayakfly

Why would you trust him?

#20     Feb 14, 2011