Should I sue over this?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lasner, Jul 11, 2007.

1. balda

balda

If the website is under your name you can call hosting company and have it closed TODAY. You do not need a guy who built it to close it.

I am an engineer not an attorney. Find an attorney as soon as possible.

Good luck.

#11     Jul 11, 2007
  2. lasner

lasner

Yeah but like I said I left those sites up for interviewing purposes. Whenever I would go into an interview I would use the sites to explain my company. I've had them up for years.

When I worked at this bank I disclosed all of this on my resume and in the interviews . I was never told to take the sites down.

#12     Jul 11, 2007
  3. RL8093

RL8093

Sounds like it's time for a legit legal opinion. Unless you happen to get a 'real' lawyer to provide an opinion on this board (not likely), I suspect you may need to pay for one. Although, since there's everything else on the internet now, maybe you can find a legal message board somewhere to give you a clue ... (I'd get more than one opinion).

Good luck - maybe you have a shot ...

R

#13     Jul 11, 2007
  4. lasner

lasner

I contacted a lawyer he said it all depends on what's the U5. If it shows as involuntary termination and that there was a conflict of interest...then we have a case. I'm actually waiting to get the U5. I just sent away for it.

I just wanted to get some opinions of this situation....if it does go to a trial and there is a jury. I just wanted to see how a sample jury (like you guys would react)

#14     Jul 11, 2007
  5. Was the reference to the site done verbally during interview? (can not be proven) or is it right on your written resume?

How long were you employed there? If less than a year (or several months), they may have a probationary period.

Is this place big enough for a union or human resources dept where you can go to appeal, to explain your side of the story, as you have done here?

#15     Jul 11, 2007
  6. Who cares if he was trying to make sales? He has the docs to prove he received no renumeration which is the bottom line. I believe he definitely has legal recourse. We live in America buddy, the most litigious nation in the world, do you really think that no lawyer would take this case? Puh-lease.

#16     Jul 11, 2007
  7. lasner

lasner

I have that I had websites with chart formations and buy sell signals on my resume I didn't list the website with the course on the resume, but I did talk about the course in the interview, which was verbal.

I passed the probationary period which was three months, I was there about five months.

Some lady did an investigation on me...she just said she didn't believe me and terminated me.

One thing I've learned about working in a bank is that most of them don't know what they are doing

#17     Jul 11, 2007
  8. Surdo

Surdo

If you are going to go to arbitration/court over this, it may be in your best interest to cease disclosing anything about the case on here.

el surdo

#18     Jul 11, 2007
  9. Want to sue? Just call you-know-who!

[​IMG][​IMG]

#19     Jul 11, 2007
  10. Ask a lawyer most of the people on here are still at school or live at home with their parents

#20     Jul 11, 2007