Should I Sleep Fine Having Shorts Over This Weekend?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by shortie, Jun 2, 2009.

SPY Next Week

1. Down 5%

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Down 2%

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Sideways

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Up 2%

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. Up 5%

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Pre-mature ejaculation. Stated another way, until "you're" below $89.44 (2.5 ATR), you're not even at the gate and congestion's resolved.

The fascination with shorting is, itself, fascinating.

#41     Jun 5, 2009
  2. I happen to have gone long right at the end of the day. I don't use any indicators, oscilators, moving averages or other useless junk. I just bet against traders like you.

A full moon? Is that your edge?

#42     Jun 5, 2009
  3. both spy and qqqq flashed black candles today. could be a turning point in the market.

[​IMG]

#43     Jun 5, 2009
  4. That is exactly what was needed....."weaker hands" to have inventory passed off to at these now high retail prices (pricing of the upper level of the past few days). :cool:

#44     Jun 5, 2009
  5. Nice. I was long WFC over the weekend and was surprised to see it diverge from the SPY so much. Guess I got lucky there...

#46     Jun 8, 2009
  6. while waiting patiently for 5% vertical drop on SPY i will mess around with html trying to embed a video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wY6insZjCfU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wY6insZjCfU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#47     Jun 8, 2009
  7. Indeed he does. A full moon requires larger shorts for adequate coverage. He may think it's a matter of proper positioning, but it comes down to size. Larger players moving size will tell you that trying to play it too tight with shorts will leave you exposed.

It's all about CYA -- say No! to crack.

#48     Jun 8, 2009
  8. [​IMG]

#49     Jun 9, 2009
  9. The market surely paused around Full Moon this time. Notice the abundance of doji, black candles and hollow red candles on all major ETFs in the last 3 days!

Still she would not roll over...

:( :cool:

[​IMG]

#50     Jun 9, 2009