Should I pull the trigger on Sheridan Mentoring Program

Discussion in 'Options' started by Dave K2, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Because Obama stole their water?

#11     Nov 19, 2010

2. Dude, don't you know sarcasm when you see it? He wasn't really saying it was a good deal.

#12     Nov 19, 2010

3. No, because Obama appointed a water Czar that proceeded to increase bureaucracy five-fold, who mandated that all water must now be processed through his friend's company's water system, to be paid for by a 500% increase in Federal utility taxes buried in people's water bill, to be regulated by a 2,000 page document loaded with 86 other government entities whose power will be determined later, governed by legislation that no one had time to read before voting on it, which prompted a multi-billion dollar windfall for lawyers to handle all of the lawsuits and huge grants for allegedly green water company trucks from failing companies and all the while saying he stands up for the working and middle class american while everything he does destroys their lives unless they are in a Union.

#13     Nov 19, 2010
  4. Handle123

Handle123

This guy took Sheridans course and a bunch of others and reselling it for cheaper, what a business this is, LOL

http://www.sjoptions.com/optionscourse.html

Before you want the buy anything, ask for three years of monthly brokerage statements, if they won't give them to you, you have to wonder why not? Like selling you a car with no warranty.

#14     Nov 19, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.
  5. I had the same problem when I first started trading, 5 years ago.

Getting a mentor was a very good thing, you know that bad decisions in the market can cost you more than $6500, but...BE AWARE !

Teaching is now a business and if one can trade and make good money one is not going to bother with teaching. It's that simple.

If you see yourself trading for many years to come do learn all you can. Just keep in mind that if a strategy works and makes good money is not written in books, taught at a seminar or sold in any way.

#15     Nov 20, 2010
  6. LeeD

LeeD

I like how the proposed logo as a moustache.

Is facial hair essencial to being an effective shill?

#16     Nov 20, 2010
  7. mayhem28

mayhem28

Why don't you attend one of his live trading seminars first to see how he handles live markets, and you get the cost of the seminar deducted from the mentoring if you do decide to take that up, win-win. Apparently he has a very different off-screen persona, there is a youtube video excerpt of him with a student which should give you a basic idea.

I have been pondering doing this myself aswell.

#17     Nov 20, 2010
  8. mayhem28

mayhem28

Making good money depends a lot on a persons account size and risk tolerence. If your trading iron condors on a retirement account for instance, your not gonna be trading huge size. But that person might be very passionate/knowledgeable about options and can do a very informative class on IC's/adjustments and have another income stream going with that for a lot less risk.

#18     Nov 20, 2010
  9. mayhem28

mayhem28

Nothing personal, but I wouldn't go anywhere near Maurice's course.

#19     Nov 20, 2010
  10. bone

bone

I have two clients who took the Sheridan course a few years back - they didn't have anything particularly negative or noteworthy to say about Sheridan personally per se.

The bigger issue for them as I recall was tying up all of their capital in a portfolio of option spread positions that really didn't perform to any appreciable extent net slippage and financing. So, more of a strategy thing. No real harm done, just no juice in the methodology. Electronic markets, including options, are so efficient these days that there are no free delta convergence plays laying around to pick up.

#20     Nov 20, 2010