Should I panic about my short position on Apple calls?

Discussion in 'Options' started by stevebearman, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Xena

Xena

VW went parabolic on a short squeeze, taking a well known German billionaire to the poorhouse with it, before collapsing .....

#201     Feb 29, 2012
  2. Why would anyone listen to some jerk about what to do with their money? Maybe they deserve to 'lose everything' - at least once or twice. How foolish.

c

#202     Feb 29, 2012
  3. RobertG

RobertG

I am not an expert, but this author never walked into an Apple store or so it seems. I see sales non stop, and a company with more cash than anyone..So short that?

He is just a typical guy that tries to call a top without any reason, and he was hoping to be right...he was ran over, but what does he care?

I for one do feel bad for people who read his garbage, because I know they are not greedy, rather just try to make an honest buck on a publication that seems to put some effort into content. I hope Thomas Kee has the decency to put a 4th article and admit he was wrong..yeah right.

I cant wait for March 7th to be ripped off again on the new iPad 3..LOL

#203     Mar 2, 2012
  4. Oh Ive been consistently long calls on apple for throughout my paper trade days and now- my best moneymaker.

I work as a part-time mobile sales guy going through uni and I can tell you- no amount of convincing will make people buy androids (in my experience and opinion a far better product, especially since iPhones are Samsung made). Just won't happen.

I just sold a 4S last week to a 11 tear old kid, who had purchased a iphone4 11 months ago. Why? Because his friend had the iPhone 4S model.. His poor mom couldn't help it. I even tried convincing him not to get it because I honestly felt bad for the mother. Didn't work. I made my commission.

So when I trade between classes and my PT job, I've seen first hand Apple go from $150 to $540... And it has been gorgeous all along.

And his complaints about Apple's customer service? Are you kidding me? A mere $79 investment on their applecare gives you what I would say probably the world's best retail customer service experience bar none.

I've had customers come in next day with the broken iphone because they work in construction. One example- I sent him to the apple store, he returned with a refurbished one- FREE.

THAT is why Apple is at $545. Not because it's simply a good product. The service ROCKS.

#204     Mar 2, 2012
  5. That's kind of scary - the OPs user name is stevebearman. :eek: Same person? Who knows.

#205     Mar 2, 2012
  6. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, considering the millions and millions of downloads of popular Android Apps. Also, I bought an Android phone recently I am very happy with and a Samsung Galaxy tab.

#206     Mar 2, 2012
  7. im sure youve seen this but justt hought id give an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

#207     Mar 2, 2012
  8. Even if AAPL is overvalued, it could go on like this for years. There has to be a catalyst for the trend to change. See internet stocks in 1999 as an example.

I did the math and the money I put into my first Macbook Pro would be worth $12,500 now if invested in AAPL. Not even going to think about the $2000 that went into an Apple 2 in 1983.

#208     Mar 2, 2012