Should I move to Tradestation ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by syswizard, Apr 5, 2016.

1. is tradestation going out of business?

#31     Nov 17, 2016
  2. What ?
    They're still spending a TON of $$$ on advertising...that's obvious.
    Of course, Interactive Brokers is likely eating into their customer base.

#32     Nov 17, 2016
  3. Question tradestation about their 9% margin interest rate and tell them a bank line of credit is 4.2% and see what happens

#33     Nov 17, 2016
  4. comagnum

comagnum

TradeStation is a great platform, easy to see why they clean up on the awards year over year. The data feed is known to be one of the best in the industry, great historical data, super fast & stable, DMA, etc. - It is very sophisticated, anything you can think of it can be programmed yourself with out to much effort.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    #34     Nov 18, 2016
  5. i tried easylanguage, it only runs on a chart

#35     Nov 18, 2016
  6. Tradestation do not have many features other established brokers have. Examples, DRIP, online transaction reports, scheduled deposits, long wait times, etc. After using the platform for many years, it appears it's geared to day traders that don't care about dividends. The interest they charge on margin is similar to credit card rates.

#36     Nov 18, 2016
  7. KeLo

KeLo

Not true, OOEL as well as macros can be run from RadarScreen, a spreadsheet style app.

#37     Nov 19, 2016
  8. Surgo

Surgo

The thing that killed Tradestation for me was when I was first starting out, I wanted to try out various platforms. They wouldn't even let me demo their supposedly amazing, award-winning software without creating an account. So as a result they were never even in the running for my business.

Their software might be amazing, but I'll never know. I will say that EasyLanguage seems like a cancer, but it's not like TWS or ThinkOrSwim or anything supports a real programming language either.

#38     Nov 22, 2016
  9. ok, but it's proprietary highlevel programming language. If i'm going to learn another programming language, I want it platform/vendor independent. Many brokerage publish API...

#39     Dec 2, 2016
    KeLo likes this.
  10. TS does not offer DRIP

#40     Dec 2, 2016