Should I move to Tradestation ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by syswizard, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Been with Interactive Brokers for auto and semi-auto trading using Multicharts and DTN IQFeed.

Why the feed ? Because of the exhorbitant data feed rates for corporate accounts at IB. The big problem is: without the IB data feeds, many resources on interactive are not operative....for example, the Market Scanner.

So I am now thinking of moving to Tradestation....as the multicharts code is compatible with EasyLanguage for the most part.

I haven't compared the commission rates....doing mainly options and futures.

Is this a good move or not ? I am a former TS2000i user and programmer.

2. Handle123

Handle123

I have seldom ever heard anyone saying they are thrilled with Tradestation, mainly freezing, complaining of bad fills, can't get through on phone. Have you tried like Amp or Apex? I would call others to see if they take Multicharts.

KeLo likes this.
  3. NoBias

NoBias

In one word ... No ...

If reliability is a concern, Tradestation is a non starter...

Whatever you may possibly save in data rate fees, isn't worth the headaches and nightmares with Tradestation.

My previous post

4. I had nothing but bad luck with TS. But that was years ago.

5. Xela

Xela

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that a move from Multicharts to Tradestation is a move in the right direction, and if there's an incompatibility problem with Multicharts and IB, I'd be thinking about changing the broker rather than the platform. Just my perspective, such as it is ...

6. Thanks guys for the feedback.
    It's pretty incredible to me that Tradestation's platform is not reliable or stable by now.
    After the TS2000i debacle where they couldn't fix it, one would have thought they have learned their lesson.

wrbtrader and Xela like this.
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I believe in backups, having other brokers in case something goes down, but never considered Tradestation to be even a 3rd backup, so...

Xela likes this.
  8. Xela

Xela

I agree completely.

I don't understand why at all, but I think there's a similarity between trading platforms and complicated surgical/medical situations (for which the reasons are more apparent): "good gets better and bad gets worse", as they say.

777 likes this.
  9. In contrast, I've been really impressed with Multicharts.
    Their forum and tech support is superb IMHO.
    Each new release seems to bring-out some issues, but they get resolved very quickly.

Xela likes this.
  10. nanama

nanama

Have you tried Technician app. Its pretty handy. I use it to Trade with my broker dealer.
    https://technicianapp.com/

#10     Apr 6, 2016