Should I leave ET?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James Stock, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-REX

T-REX

if you truly believe that you have something to offer other traders (especially those struggling) then by all means........

DO NOT LEAVE!

New traders and seasoned traders alike need your help.

I should not be the only successful trader on ET willing to mentor newbies for free.

Step up to the plate.

#31     Dec 18, 2003
  2. Yannis

Yannis

Guys, this may be the dumbest thread I've come across the past few months. Yes, I maybe don't get out much, but still, come on ... :)

#32     Dec 18, 2003
  3. Yannis, I think that it ranks right up there with the thread about a week ago that asked, "How will the upcoming Flu Season effect the markets and Economy."

:D

#33     Dec 18, 2003
  4. Yannis

Yannis

waggie,

Are you suggesting that instead of calling my post "thread blues" I should have called it "thread flus?" :)

(see, now it's getting to me too - silly posts beget silly posts :) :) )

#34     Dec 18, 2003
  5. thank you for coming to your senses,

but i've been right all along! :p

#35     Dec 18, 2003

6. That's some twisted logic.

option (b) 'No, you've done more good than bad' is saying he shouldn't leave based on the idea that he's done more good than bad.

option (c) 'No one should be asked to leave' is saying no, he shouldn't leave, based on the idea that no one should be made to leave.

Of course, since the 'leavers' now have an absolute majority, it doesn't really matter.

#36     Dec 18, 2003
  7. no twist..just good common sense.

if you want jimmie to stay vote a) YES [how hard is it to figure this out :p ]

vote c) is not for jimmie in particular could be anyone so you not showing your support for "juimmie" or you would vote the obvious a) YES..

Get it now??!! Geez!!

#37     Dec 18, 2003

8. I think you meant, "if you want jimmie to stay vote (b) NO", right? "Yes" would mean you want James to leave.

Anyhow, (c) imlies "not only should James not leave, no one should leave". It still a vote for James to stay. If no one should leave, then James should not leave.

Just because there are three options doesn't mean they all mean exclusively different things. Both (b) and (c) are a vote for James to stay, they differ only in their reasons. But in a ballot, reasons don't count. It doesn't matter if you vote for Joe Blow for his policy on the wetlands or because he has a cool hair cut.

#38     Dec 18, 2003
  9. Advanced stastical analysis has declared that the last 10 votes were null and void. It is over 1,000 to 1 against the same category being voted for 10 times in a row. Therefore the last 10 votes all for category (a) are declared illegitimate due to monkey business.

The FIRST count stands, which was 14-12-8. Here, only 14 of 34 want James to leave, and that's not a majority.

Jimmy stays!:p

#39     Dec 18, 2003
  10. no jimmie, don't welch you have to go.

#40     Dec 18, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.