Should I invest this?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tonyzhou, May 20, 2012.

1. Only invest/trade in what you know. If you don't know how/why it works or doesn't work , then learn about it intimately before you throw good money at it.

My 2 cents

#11     May 21, 2012
  2. Your concern is also mine. 50% DD twice is a big problem.

My friend told me that he leaned from that two 50% DD a lot.

I do like the fact that he's running well this year. See the performance in the attachment. So I told him that I need to decide it later and let him update his performance to me 3 months later.

What do you think? Give him the chance , or that two 50% DD should be an auto reject?

By the way, I was told that the glitch at the beginning of the chart is due to a thin traded stock, but that is an alarm to me too.

#12     May 22, 2012
  3. heech

heech

I'm glad your friend says he learned from his 50% DD, but... you have to separate your friendship from your investment decisions.

- If this was a *close* friend of mine, I'd tell him not to waste his time pitching me. He can still keep me on his contact/distribution list, but I'm not likely to invest in the next 2-3 years.

- If this wasn't a close friend of mine, I'd tell him sorry, I'm just not interested.

I was very, very, very careful in accepting any money from my friends. I personally think the standard for investing in a friend should be HIGHER than the standard for investing in a stranger. I can't think of a better way to ruin a friendship then to mislead a friend (while making money off of him!).

#13     May 22, 2012
  4. I think that is trash, with no offense to your friend.

#14     May 22, 2012
  5. He has $400K. Why does he want/need your $100K? I question your friend's judgment of making an offer to a "friend" who needs to sound out the decision on a message board full of pikers and wannabes who most likely have never seen $100K in an account in their lives.

Are you sure he has the $400K and that it's all his money? If he does and it is, maybe he's gay and wants to start a "partnership" with you for reasons unrelated to money. Or maybe you are liquid for millions and he sees $100K as a test run for a much larger investment later. It doesn't make much sense that he would make such an offer if he knows what he's doing. There is not a hell of a lot of difference between trading $400K and $500K even without a profit split. (Think daily 5-figure equity moves.)

#15     May 25, 2012
  6. <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hue_KeJ97l0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hue_KeJ97l0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

s

:cool:

#16     May 25, 2012