Should I go to college before becoming a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Player01, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Daring

Daring

Amen

+1000

#81     Jan 12, 2013
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Jack, I quoted what I've found to be the brilliant gems that I, so far, have personal experience with.

Occasionally I feel brief moments of regret that you, Farley, and Brooks don't have interpreters to produce and distribute Cliff Notes so that the essence of your works are easily digested and assimilated. Then, just as quickly, I remember how constant daily chewing coupled with a complex digestive system enables the horse to spin straw into muscular power such that we name the measure of engine performance after it.

#82     Jan 13, 2013
  3. If you have any questions, just ask.

The market is counterintuitive to say the least.

He is your first post in ET in 2010:

I saw the title of the thread and a strange sense of Deja vu came over me!

Hi TE,
    it was tss42 who let me know you came here, so I thought I'd better become a member.

Its interesting the way this thread is going, similar to the one on t2w. People's views seem to polarize into two two camps, there are the inflexible closed minded ones who attack, filling the thread with nonsense, occasionally with abuse too, and there are others who have a flexible mind willing to consider that, just perhaps, their own view is not perfect or possibly is even incorrect and wouldn't it be a good idea to consider alternative views.

The ability to think rather than expecting to be spoon fed is an absolute must for anyone to be able to get value from this thread.

My own interpretation of the thread title is this.

If a trader studies TA and uses it then they are consigning themselves to stay within the niche of the retail trader, at best making a few $ from dumber retail traders, but often loosing $ to smarter traders. If making a few $ as a supplement to a main source of income is OK then some would say thats a success. If however the aim is to make a living from trading then the trader needs to think differently and become seperate fom the herd and follow the money by learning how to read the charts.

R

#83     Jan 13, 2013
  4. Mysteron

Mysteron

JH, in my first post on this site which you quoted, I was of course criticising those people who make a career of posting negative comments without thinking deeply about what it is they are criticising. By quoting my original post you seem to be implying that I am behaving in the same way, that isn't true because in your case I've read far too many of your rambling posts than most rational people would be willing to subject themselves to, and I have had ample time to consider what I have read in order to come to the conclusion which I have made clear already.

#84     Jan 24, 2013