Should I day-trade full-time???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Dtrader2223, Dec 26, 2006.

1. i would suggest a compromise. would it be possible to work this job half-time? then you could try before you buy, so to speak. see how being at home a lot and trading from home works for you. also, it would give you the opportunity to buy some time and see that your trading continues to be successful.

i would also ask yourself the following: do you have what it takes to succeed in a bear market? how long have you been making the 250k at daytrading? if it's been at least 5 years, in both bull and bear markets, i'd say you may be ready to trade full-time. otherwise, not. despite this fact, however, i would still see if i could do the same job half-time with this company. most employers are pretty rigid, but sometimes they surprise you.

#31     Dec 26, 2006
  2. sorry, i hadn't read about the 18 months and the penny stocks. now that i have, i would say, wait at least another year. but still, if you are dead set on trading full-time from home, you might want to see if your employer would let you go part-time (two weeks on, two weeks off, for example).

#32     Dec 26, 2006
  3. #33     Dec 27, 2006