should i become a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oirfian, Dec 30, 2007.

1. oirfian

oirfian

I´m considering going for an interview for a junior trader for Swifftrade (security trading) in valencia, spain, where i am curently working as an English teacher. I´ve seen on some forums that some people think this company is good just to get experience and others say it should be avoided.
    As it is 100% commision based, how much would I expect to make per month for the first 6 months. would it be enough to live on, or would i just be making so many mistakes I infact would earn virtually nothing at the start until I gained experience

2. lindq

lindq

Commissions? Based on what? I assume you meant to say based on profitability as a trader.

If that is the case, then don't expect to generate a living unless you are exceptionally talented/lucky and have an unsually good mentor. While anything is possible, the odds are strongly against you being profitable for quite some time. Best that you also have another source of income so that you can give yourself the time necessary to become profitable and learn from your mistakes.

Buena Suerte

3. Don't expect to make anything in your first year. While you may, it's unlikely.

4. ark

ark

Think you've already made up your mind. Just go for it!