Should I be trading Emini instead of QQQ ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by canadian_dude, Mar 10, 2002.

1. liltrdr

liltrdr

Thanks for the quick reply.

#51     Mar 20, 2002
  2. Quiet1

Quiet1

i am very surprised by this if true.

i don't use cqg anymore so i can't verify but there are several reasons why its unlikely:

1) cqg could get a "cut" of the trades just as easily without routing your order via their servers (the software could independently send order details to cqg whenever it liked).

2) from a technical architecture point of view routing via them is a dumb idea

3) i can't imagine their investment bank clients paying out a cut for trades which are executed in-house in the first place.

if despite all the very strong pointers the other way cqg do indeed route the orders via them then they are completely clueless both technically and about who their customers are.

#52     Mar 21, 2002
  3. I have noticed I have been getting a lot of SUPERSOES fills
    lately using BEST EX. Would this be fills by TMBR by chance?
    I used to hardly get any SUPERSOES fills...

#53     Mar 21, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

I don't think the TMBR routing is fully up yet. If trading with TMBR I think it will say so on the statement.

#54     Mar 21, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

Quiet1

Otto is new and they are i believe still trying to get the business model right - but at least a couple of weeks ago - it was still not implemented for retail use

But, orders were definetly going via CQG, and although this delay technically would time wise not be much, it would be something

Their institutional customes would be already using stand alone platforms with direct line access to markets - and institutional players prioritise the order entry interface, quite often with a larger monitor than the charting - as they trade off the data on the electronic tradng platform

Using data from a data supplier in order to automatically initiate trades may work for some - but would have to be done with the understanding that this data is always delayed in relation to the globex direct data feeding an electronic trading platform

The data on OTTO would be from globex - whereas the data on the data/charting would be from CQG

#55     Mar 21, 2002