Should I be ahead of the curve?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by cashmoney69, Jan 13, 2007.

1. I think of one my problems last year was too much counter trading, but is it really such a bad thing?

Here is whats been on my mind...

Why should i wait for a move to happen if I'm confident that it will happen anyway, and get in/out before everyone else?

The only problem is that when I do this, I'm trading against the market, but if I'm right on the trade, its a big pay off.

Should I believe "The trend is my friend" like all the books teach? or do you think its ok if I jump ahead of crowd?

cm69

2. madrid9

madrid9

will you stop randomizing the market, you are making it harder for the rest of us to trade.

I'll never understand, why people like you have a desire to trade and make something of themselves

why can't you be happy in your little life, filled with cheap wonderful burgers, and predictable 9-5 job

WHY :mad:

3. I'm not "randomizing" anything, I'm seeking knowledge... something you apparently have a problem with.

lol..my bad man. I didn't realize I was supposed to help you make your job of taking my money easier... Shame on me.

cm69

4. Cash, absolutely valid question. This has been my problem too. I know something is about to move up and I end up waiting too long to confirm and then I get in late and then I can't hold fearing that it's gonna reverse. example: VOL on the day it reported earnings and many many more. So the solution for this is: Buy half before the move based on your gut feeling, then confirm the move and buy the rest. I think this works pretty well. If you decide to try it, let me know how it works for you.

5. Thats a good idea. I'll just buy half, then after the move, buy more.