Should Hershey hit the highway?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William Rennick, Mar 26, 2007.

Should Hershey hit the highway?

1. Yes, it's to the curb

42 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. No, leave the sweet old guy alone

43 vote(s)
    50.6%
  1. See Attached

#41     Mar 29, 2007
  2. You are playing with words. Again. You claim not to be a "professional" trader in the attched Word document, and yet you claim to have traded at an "expert level" since about 1960:

http://ibd.meetup.com/75/members/2239980/

Would you care to differentiate between the two distinctions insofar as your response to my earlier post is concerned? How is one such term out of context with respect to the other, in my comparing you with Schwager's market wizards, for the purposes of comparative performance?

Further, you wrote in the attached Word document: "I do not speak about claims," and "I do not make claims." And yet, in the following posts you do just that, under your Grob109 username:

Here, you claim to regularly make 3 times the daily range:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=912447&highlight=grob+3x#post912447

Here, you claim to that someone with your trading orientation can potentially make 4% to 7% per day, consistently:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1031210#post1031210

These are not claims? Trying to pin you down to anything is like trying to herd cats. You are a slippery salamander, Mr. Hershey.

#42     Mar 29, 2007
  3. WD40

WD40

why don't you take a rest?

don't you think you have embarrassed yourself enough?

#43     Mar 29, 2007
  4. the fact that you cannot think or imagine what I DO and who I AM and what I accomplish is just the consequence of the kind of life you live.

I live to create, help others and get any job doen that I am asked to do. I can afford to be the best and I am simply because I work my ass off to understand deeply and totally any problemn that is before me.

You do not come close to getting down to where the rubber meets the road anywher and at any time. I do and I do all of the time.

This will help you figure out why we have never met.

#44     Mar 29, 2007
  5. Thunderdog, we are going to be "left behind."

#45     Mar 29, 2007
  6. Jack, the irony is that this is one of the most bogus claims I've seen you make yet. Congrats!

#46     Mar 29, 2007
  7. Brilliant Jack! The same reasoning template could have been used by Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite!

Symptom #6 of cult influence:

Sudden use of a new ideology to explain everything: Like a harpist playing an instrument with a single string, a cult member uses his or her new ideology to explain the entire world--even when it's wildly inappropriate.

http://www.workingpsychology.com/cultdef.html

#47     Mar 29, 2007
  8. Jack,

The quantity of words in your post is impressive. However, these fine words do not directly address the issues I have raised in my earlier post to Steve Tvardek which you have chosen to respond to. According to you, you make all kinds of money that I cannot even conceive. Your alleged rates of return are unrivaled by anyone participating in the financial markets, either in the present or at any point in history. And yet no one outside of internet forums knows anything about you, despite the fact that you have traded at this "expert level" since 1960. How very curious! The issue of "conventional orthodoxy" is a moot point here. When the financial press or biographers write about trading legends, it is principally because of the returns they have generated, quite apart from how they may have done so. (Particularly since most of these renowned traders do not share their methods with the general public.)

And so, like all of your other posts, this most recent one of yours is also beside the point. I do admire your consistency.

#48     Mar 29, 2007
  9. I heard a rumor that Jack is really Vic Niederhoffer, who practices here, warms up so to speak, before posting true wisdom on his own site.

#49     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Then again, he could be Woodie, who tiring of talking to 80 year olds and unemployed shoe salesman in his room all day, comes here to Minister to a more distinguished flock.

I said flock.

#50     Mar 29, 2007