Should Hershey hit the highway?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William Rennick, Mar 26, 2007.

Should Hershey hit the highway?

1. Yes, it's to the curb

42 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. No, leave the sweet old guy alone

43 vote(s)
    50.6%
  1. That means a lot from a LIAR who claims he's making 1% a day and is bored with it.

#31     Mar 28, 2007
  2. Who among you has not barged into a thread and sang a song no one wanted to hear? Let him cast the first vote.

Jesus

#32     Mar 28, 2007
  3. Kumbaya.

#33     Mar 28, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Trader666: you must have some logical proof tucked away somewhere that JH claims are impossible. Maybe if you shared your assumptions and your reasoning with us we could discuss them?

#34     Mar 28, 2007
  5. Don't you think that the onus of proof should reside with the person making the performance claim?

#35     Mar 28, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Sure, if he is charging for the training. All I see here is claims and attacks that JH claims are impossible, no proof of same at all, well there were some tests on the PVT that may or may not have been done well.

#36     Mar 28, 2007
  7. Why only if he is charging? Why not as a matter of courtesy, since he made the claim? Why present an incomplete picture when it should be effortless to make it complete? I don't think it is a matter of privacy, because those who value their privacy do not disclose their returns to begin with. Surely you must agree that the performance claims are quite remarkable when you consider that none of Schwager's market wizards even came close to the kinds of returns touted by Jack. Not one. Such observations raise questions. I am merely asking those questions.

#37     Mar 28, 2007
  8. I dont think its possible to compare the mkt wizards (and how they traded) to high frequency trading of the ES. That didnt even exist until 10 yrs ago at the very earliest, along with the advent of fast electronic trading platforms necessary for this type of trading. Those mkt wizard books were written before then, right? At least the first one was I know for sure.

Also, in fairness to JH or anyone else who posts here, this is just an internet forum and anyone can claim or say anything they want (within reason of course). If I had a dime for every post I read on here with some outlandish claim, I'd have a nice chunk of change. But what boggles me is, why does JH get so much attention? Why have like 8 threads been started about him in the last month? JH is certainly not the only person who posted what could be considered "outlandish" by most. Just baffles me thats all.

#38     Mar 28, 2007
  9. Every market environment has its pluses and minuses. Although fast electronic platforms may not have existed in the days of the original market wizards, there was probably a lot less chop in the markets for that very reason. And what technology there was, was probably in the hands of far fewer people, potentially to their advantage. Therefore, it is not clear that the wizards of "old" were at a relative disadvantage in the context of the environment in which they operated.

In any event, consider this. None of Schwager's wizards made the kind of returns that Jack is boasting, and yet they are considered to be legendary in their field. So, if Jack is a better performer than they were, then where is all the press about him, aside from his own self-promotion and that of his pupils on the internet? Surely his relative obscurity is not a matter of modesty or because he is tight-lipped. Surely his relative obscurity is not a matter of tenure, since Jack claims to have traded "professionally" for decades. Can you see the incongruity?

#39     Mar 29, 2007
  10. I find it curious and amusing that you think the burden of proof should be on me, rather than on Jack who has made claims which, if true, would possibly make him the greatest trader in history. Especially since there are so many indications that it's simply not true. I guess some people totally lack common sense or desperately need a guru to believe in.

#40     Mar 29, 2007