Should grown men cry?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Do you feel it is unacceptable for a grown man to cry in private? Men are taught at an early age to be tough with emotions and to "be a man" about it. However I was curious, especially among "elite traders" who are trained to deal with and control emotions, if any of you have just wailed hard in private anytime between the ages of 25 and up.

Naturally seeing a grown man cry in public is rather strange to see (barring weddings, funerals, etc), but when you let it out (if you do), do you ever do it in front of your wife, girlfriend, etc?

2. MrDinky

MrDinky

I take it you've never suffered a huge loss.

:cool:

3. Aphexcoil, you should change your handle to "Aphex-Troll."

4. I cry whenever I watch the end of "E.T."

5. MrDinky

MrDinky

[​IMG]

6. That's going to tear up Nitro. :(

7. Only a boy continues to behave according to what he was taught at an early age.

Children are given rules, as their minds are not developed enough to decide for themselves what is right and wrong, either in private or in public.

Upon growing out of childhood, men decide for themselves what is right, based on their own individuation process and mature thought processes, and act accordingly.

You can check yourself at any time to see if you have grown up. If you still have issues with your father or mother, you are still a child, no matter what the age.

Once you become a man, you leave the past behind, and deal with the present according to your own conclusions about life.

Real men cry, if they want to, and don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

8. Should grown men average 17.02 posts a day on a site for traders when that "grown man" has never made money trading?

9. I'm not going to hate you. :) My emotions are now under *my* control. If being surrounded by "supreme assholes" on ET has taught me anything, it is that I must totally let go of anger and go about my business.

:) I hope you have a great weekend, Optional.

10. Why is it that you, Aphexcoil, continually have to go through these trials and tribulations on ET? And, it seems, on a daily basis. Why do so many attack you? And, it seems, on a daily basis. Are you the normal everyday poster on ET?

#10     Nov 2, 2002