should good traders be good poker players?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by konviction, Jan 13, 2011.

1. spindr0

spindr0

Hey! You stole my line! ::)

#21     Jan 14, 2011
  2. The reason why I make a crapy poker player is probably because i sit down at the table with the mindset of a trader. I'm used to only risking X amt of my capital, and waiting patiently for good trades/ hands. My friends caught on rather fast when I folded 80% of the time and would bet big the other 20%.

I dont like the fact that poker has virtually no money management. If some fool goes all in, you also have to go all in, if you believe that your hand is good enough. That would never happen in trading, at least not from an experienced trader.

#22     Jan 14, 2011
  3. You can play limit games which might make MM more systematic.

#23     Jan 14, 2011
  4. sumfuka

sumfuka

They'll think I'm bluffing. But I'm a terrible poker player, so my words should be taken with basket of salt. :D

#25     Jan 14, 2011
  5. one year ago i tried to for about 1 year to become a pro poker player with fulltiltpoker.
    I was on a good way, but finally it was too hard for me.
    I hadnt the discipline, to sit there all the day hour for hour and always keep your mind on 100% whats happening on the table, to dont miss any possible good hand.

I was with the winners with a few small money contests.
    But thats it.

I gave up. Its to much stressed for me.

make a living of trading is so much easier for me than make a living of trading.

Poker is really boring, because it takes so long to build up your bankroll, doesnt matter whitch strategy, even with an AA + all In Strategy, sometimes there is an asshole with an Flus and your AA is worth shit.

PEACE

#26     Aug 27, 2011
  6. Sorry, i pulled the trigger to quick, i cant keep my fingers quiet.
    :) the same way i trade. :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

one year ago i tried to for about 1 year to become a pro poker player with fulltiltpoker.
    I was on a good way, but finally it was too hard for me.
    I hadnt the discipline, to sit there all the day hour for hour and always keep your mind on 100% whats happening on the table, to dont miss any possible good hand.

I was with the winners with a few small money contests.
    But thats it.

I gave up. Its to much stressed for me.

make a living of trading is so much easier for me than make a living of poker.

Poker is really boring, because it takes so long to build up your bankroll, doesnt matter whitch strategy, even with an AA + all In Strategy, sometimes there is an asshole with an Flush and your AA is worth shit.

PEACE:p

#27     Aug 27, 2011