Should flags be lowered for Helms, a bigot?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Maybe this will have repercussions that Easley can't handle. If the guy runs for office, I'll vote for him. I'm living in North Carolina.

2. Good riddance. Another government employee who thought he could make his own policy. If a partisan hack like governor Easley could go along with honoring the greatest North Carolinian of the 20th century, you'd think this moron could. Probably he was ready to retire anyway and was looking to get some publicity.

3. I would have fired his ass and took his pension. If he didn't like helms he could have run against him or wrote a letter to the editor. The flag is for the office not the person. Helms was elected for better or worse.

4. Hey James, should the flag be lowered for Ted Kennedy, when he dies (very soon). Kennedy's crime was a lot worse than bigotry, in case you didn't know.

5. If you have the evidence that proves the crime, give it to the police or the FBI. It's silly to compare a crime to bigotry.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

ZINGER!

7. milica

milica

To James_Bond_3rd:
    You said--
    "If you have the evidence that proves the crime, give it to the police or the FBI. It's silly to compare a crime to bigotry." You're correct- Kennedy's crime is much worse than bigotry.

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law?
    Or is there one system for the average citizen
    and another for the high and mighty?"
    - Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973 -

Go to the link below. It's a fairly complete chronology of the weekend that ended Mary Jo Kopeckne's life, and turned Ted Kennedy into one of the 'high and mighty' quoted above. The crime was noted by various police officials, witnesses, and even the mainstream media of the day. It's a grand cover-up, laced with illegal activity, lies, and gross immaturity on Kennedy's part.

http://www.ytedk.com/intro.htm

8. hughb

hughb

Here's an interesting piece that appeared in this weeks issue of San Diego's Gay and Lesbian Times:

9. milica

Why don't you post under your regular id? Are you trying to hide something?

#10     Jul 12, 2008