Should Everyone Be Allowed To Vote?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AlpineTrout, Oct 31, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

I don't own real estate, and I don't plan to. People who think they own real estate have been fooled. Just fail to pay your property taxes and the "true" owner of the real estate will come and take it from you.

I still have a stake in the elections. About 25% of my pay is ripped out of my paycheck every week and goes to various government agencies. If the government gets my money - I get to vote. Doesn't matter whether or not I went into hock up to my eyeballs to pretend I own real estate.

#21     Oct 31, 2008
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Freedom doesn't mean anything goes.
    And yes that's the country I want to live in.
    Country where anybody who needs taxpayers money to survive wouldn't be allowed to vote. Why? Anybody unable to run his own life shouldn't have the right to any decision reg. the country. Simple, logical, correct.

Any fucking right in life should be earned.

#22     Oct 31, 2008
  3. tell me what you have done to earn the right to free speech. also, citation needed on a country that doesn't allow people who need taxpayer assistance to vote. Even Eye-Rak under Saddam let everyone vote.

PS Don't forget to opt out of Medicare and SS, protect that vote!

#23     Oct 31, 2008
  4. Dont know what this is, but it doesn't sound like my style.

#24     Oct 31, 2008
  5. That's not the 'underlying" precept of my argument at all. If you don't see the electorates penchant for benefits as a destructive fiscal exercise then you should buy this little break in ZB.

Just like Lehman wishes they'd have a big bonus pool this year the market has denied them. Just as American's want their big benefit pool the credit markets will deny them. Tax increases and other revenue enhancements are the short term funding gap equivalent of lipstick on a pig. Over the LONG HAUL there will NEVER be enough revenue to pay off the cost of our rising retirement obligations.

If I was without market view perhaps I'd be more conciliatory toward Obama voters. Instead I have an EXTREME market bias. I expect a chart of ZB to look much like a chart of Citi in 2 years. When that happens it'll be a world so new for the Federal government that there'll be rioting in the streets.

#25     Oct 31, 2008
  6. I don't think we're really do'in the apple to apple thing here do you?

Are you and iceman1 related, or just have a hard time with civil discussions?

#26     Oct 31, 2008
  7. I don't have all the answers...........

#27     Oct 31, 2008
  8. Anyone so fucking stupid to think Palin should be in the white house shouldn't be allowed to vote. I pay taxes but my goal every year is to get my tax bill as low as possible and if I could legally get it to zero or even have them send me a check I would. So by others opinions the more successful I am at keeping my money the less rights I have to vote, makes no sense. Another right wing plan shot down.

#28     Oct 31, 2008
  9. In nature you will ALWAYS find parasitic relationships. Do you think it's right to allow parasites to vote on how the host distributes its own blood?

#29     Oct 31, 2008
  10. hughb

hughb

What, those fat cats on wall street who just got $700B of our tax dollars ~aren't~ parasites? they most certainly are, and they all own real estate too. So ET'ers get to decide which parasites get to vote and which do not?

#30     Oct 31, 2008