Should ET limit users to one screen name?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ok, fair enough. Then let let me turn this question to the computer savy people of this board. How is it possible and what could Baron do to keep others from creating multiple user names on ET. Perhaps making them submit their social security number? They can't get around that, they only have one.

#41     Feb 16, 2004
  2. Bro you are a complete fuckin imbecile for even entertaining the thought of people giving out their social security #'s to post on a site like this.

My advice to you would be to stop posting here 20 times a day, go out -- get laid, and stop breaking Baron's balls.

#42     Feb 16, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Joe, I thought you said about a month back you had it with this site and that you weren't going to post here anymore. You keep saying this over and over again like it's some kind of a threat but then you just create another alias and come right back. I think if you look at my profile my avg posts per day is like 1.5, I don't know where you get 20 posts a day from.

I spend about 8 minutes out of a 24 hour day posting on ET. Probably waste about a good 30 minutes to 45 minutes reading ET a day. I'm sorry I'm not hanging out in your gay chat room 24/7 talking up the market.

And for your information, it's pretty easy to get someone's social security number. Not much of a secret anymore. However, it's not like that information would be made public, only Baron would have it so I don't know why you are whining about that.

#43     Feb 16, 2004
  4. LOL! Yeah OK Mav -- you "waste" only 8 minutes per day on ET.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/searc...archid=347711&sortby=&sortorder=&pagenumber=1

You have 10 already today and its not even 2pm - get a life man.

#44     Feb 16, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh sorry Joe, my bad, I lied, I avg 2 posts per day. Check it out for yourself. And yes, I spend about 8 minutes a day posting on ET. I'm sorry I type about 80 words a minute.

Dude why don't you get a clue and start keeping your word. Didn't your father tell you a man in life is only as good as his word? Well you gave your word you were not going to post on ET anymore and you continue to go back on your word. Speaks volumes my friend, speaks volumes.

Oh and btw, I have only 4 posts today, not 10. Can you even count?

#45     Feb 16, 2004
  6. LOL! Take the avg in the last 3 months and it is about 5 times that.

As for my leaving ET, I have been here since 99 and something tells me I will be here for a lot longer.

#46     Feb 16, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not really, although if your goal is to keep getting me to respond to your posts then yeah my avg will keep increasing. Joe, I avg about 2 to 3 decent posts a day. Posts that contain one or two sentences where I am just responding to someone or joking around is not really that big of a deal.

Dude, Pabst use to show me these posts that you use to write, fucking novels man, going on and on and on about trading psychology or whatever crap flavor of the month you were offering ok. So don't be a hypocrite and knock me because I type 4 posts in 5 minutes where I am basically just responding to someone who is attacking me.

And if your going to keep posting on ET, fine, I don't really care, just don't be a freaking drama queen and threaten to leave every week because you don't like ET.

#47     Feb 16, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Apparently you are as stupid as you are lazy.

When it comes to contributing to clutter, you're no slacker yourself. Your question has been answered, and answered, and answered. Give it a rest, for Christ's sake.

#48     Feb 16, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

Maverick. Ok. My error. But I was not talking about multiple aliases - I was talking about _alterior_motives_.

However, I retract what I said.

If your intentions _really_ are to smoke these worthless maggots out, then you have my blessing and support.

nitro

#49     Feb 16, 2004
  10. I am all for cutting down on one's trading expenses, but the fact of the matter is that most of the VALUE in ET can be found in the Software and Hardware Forums where people like Nitro ( who have incredible knowledge ) can be of tremendous help to someone that is just starting out and/or having problems with video cards, monitor resolution, trading platform set-ups, etc.

Other than that, ET becomes a high school playground for young kids with internet access that have nothing better to do than to egotistically spout off about picking tops, selling naked calls with no understanding of the risk, or have some sort of deep need for attention and seeing their name on a website.

Although I am not usually on the same side of an argument as Maverick, I do think that he is on the right track here . . . Allowing multiple aliases is a sure-fire way to perpetuate a website whose majority of content is worthless, egotistical, drivel.

If you don't want to charge them, fine.
    But atleast make the sign-up process a little bit more difficult than it currently exists today. Making a prospective member jump thru a few hoops first to atleast have the notion of attaining some sort of credibility would be a good start.

#50     Feb 16, 2004