Should ET limit users to one screen name?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Predictable response fully lacking in creativity, wit, intelligence and common sense.

I wondered what troll would be the first with such a "snappy" response, no suprise it turned out to be you.

#21     Feb 14, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

A liberal that actually wants to violate someone's first amendment rights. Interesting. I don't want to suppress free speech. I just want to limit screen names to one per person.

Of course then ART would not have anyone to respond to his threads, but I think we could all live with that.

#22     Feb 14, 2004
  3. WD Gann makes some very good points!

How about it Baron???

#23     Feb 14, 2004
  4. What prevents paying members from being trolls?

What prevents paying members from having multiple handles?

Money doesn't buy class, just look at Donald Trump.

Some of the biggerst A-holes are wealthy.

#24     Feb 14, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

All users would be restricted to one screen name per person. That is how you prevent the trolls.

#25     Feb 14, 2004
  6. nitro

nitro

Yes.

You have a point.

nitro

#26     Feb 14, 2004
  7. Are you LISTENING ???

:confused:

#27     Feb 14, 2004
  8. I have been frequenting this board since late 99 / early 00 and have gone through over 10 handles during that time, but I don't use "multiple aliases" at one time -- I simply change my handle is all and have been using the same sign off since I first came here, which makes it pretty easy for people who have been around here for awhile to know who I am. I don't do this to hide anything, as I am one of the few here who has openly given out his first and last name on this board, but simply because my existing handles grow "stale" over time and I want to switch them up.

I agree that it is pretty lame to use multiple aliases simultaneously, especially when brought on by some agenda or motive to do so.

But lets not forget that this is an Anonymous message board people. I'd say that less than 2% of the posters that come here reveal their names, and more than likely should not, so I don't see what the big deal is with this issue. Content is the object of the project, and not what anonymous person is saying it.

PEACE,
    Commisso

#28     Feb 14, 2004
  9. you baron's business advisor now?
    get a life maverik.

(thot you were flying jets @Miramar?)
    say hi to goose for me :-/

#29     Feb 14, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Baron, can you please comment on this? I would love to here your thinking about this whether it be for it or against it. Come on, you are making big bucks of the members of this site. I think you owe it to the very community that supports you to explain your feelings about this.

#30     Feb 15, 2004