Should ET limit users to one screen name?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

In order to improve the quality of ET, would you be willing to pay a nominal fee for using the site or should ET just limit each user to only one screen name?

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Try to keep up, Maverick. This has all been discussed ad nauseum. And rejected.

3. Well, I have another question: why would anyone WANT to do this?

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Over 50% of the users so far want screen names to be limited to one per user. Are the moderators paying attention to this? I can't for the life of me figure out why on a message board for traders we would need to have multiple aliases. It just doesn't make sense. By improving the quality of this board, ET would be much more attractive to advertisers. So why doesn't ET do this? Can someone please explain this to me?

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You're not paying attention, Maverick. This has all been discussed thoroughly in Feedback. If you don't know how to do a Search, someone will explain it to you.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I don't think you understand. I am trying to do an updated poll here. Are you saying the results should be the same today as they were whenever the last poll was taken? I think ET has deteriorated a lot the last few months and I think it is time for a fresh new poll. I don't care how much it has been discussed in the past.

7. no,

i dont think YOU understand.

no body cares

now

get a life :-/

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wrong again, apparently 46% of those who voted so far want to limit screen names to one per user. Obviously somebody cares.

#10     Feb 13, 2004