Should Congressmen be allowed to trade on Inside Information?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Oct 19, 2011.

Should Congressmen be allowed to trade on Inside Information?

1. Yes.

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. No.

47 vote(s)
    77.0%
  3. I don't know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care.

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. pupu

pupu

Congressmen are like the royalty of middle ages

They operate by a different set of rules from the rest of the peasants

Know your place and pay those taxes or we'll sent the guards to shake you down and take all your chickens away

#31     Dec 5, 2011
  2. dtan1e

dtan1e

replace chickens with cats, dogs, snakes, ...

#32     Dec 5, 2011
  3. Congress'u Akbar!

#33     Dec 5, 2011
  4. Thats is a good one. I went to a private school and won the election for a seat on student council. The administration would not let me take the seat but placed a person of thier choice in council. Welcome to the American Way. If you are part of the club then life is good, if not then you are (*&^%$. It does matter how skilled or talented a person is, the social construct determines who is in or out. Nepotism and cronyism rule the land it is not a meritocracy by any stretch of the imagination.

Welcome to Planet Misery,

Akuma

BUY GOLD !!!

#34     Dec 5, 2011
  5. nitro

nitro

#35     Dec 9, 2011
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

This is a travesty. You have John Kerry actively trading and profiting from health care stocks as he's working helping draft Obamacare? Not surprisingly, he's masterful at picking the winners and losers. And he's been doing this sort of thing for years. 11 people think this is okay? Really?

And it's beyond inside information. The permanent poltical class also tweak legislation to give their real estate higher values and many other things the general public can't do. (Pelosi is notorious for this.) CEOs (at least those who aren't connected politically like Corzine) would get fired for using company assets the way politicians use taxpayer assets.

And yes, this is all wrong. Lawmakers are supposed to be prohibited from using their position “for personal gain” per the House Ethics Manual.

If anything, everyone except politicians and high-level bureaucrats should be allowed to do insider trading.

#36     Dec 9, 2011
  7. You could be silenced for spewing this kind of madness about our honorable congress people.

The only travesty is they are not using enough of the peoples money to profit for themselves. It should be a law that each American conributes to Congress members trading accounts.

All Hail Congress!

#37     Dec 9, 2011