Should Confederate War Memorials/Statues Be Abolished?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Aug 12, 2017.

1. smallfil

smallfil

Democrats want to get rid of the evidence considering more and more blacks waking up to the truth that Abe Lincoln was a Republican and it was Democrats owned blacks as slaves and denied them their rights.

#351     Apr 27, 2019
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Lincoln did not represent the confederate states as Trump/the current republican party does.

#352     Apr 27, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

#353     Apr 27, 2019
  4. #354     Apr 27, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Trump may have made the others look bad... but he won because he had an agenda for the country... trade, jobs, the wall, healthcare, less regulation on businesses, tax reform... people voted for that.
    Biden kicks off with "fine people on both sides"? Pffff.... thats f'n weak.

Regarding the Civil War.... 99.99% of the 100's of thousands of Confederate soldiers that died... I don't think they really had a choice on which side to go with. Picture yourself some uneducated 17 year old in small town Alabama (no internet or phones) and the entire town is marching off to fight. You're gonna say "no thats treason"? Right. Then get shot and killed by your best buddy.

Now I know you H4... you'll Google and find 2 brothers or something that fought on opposing sides... but the fact remains, we're talking 99.99%. So what I said is true... Grant killed as many Americans as Lee. Give or take. I mean its just a stupid debate anyway. Lee was a general. You're at war. You kill people. Consider any civil war in history.... the narrative has always been "x number (of that country's citizens) died". They don't divide the f'ing number in half.

Lawrence O'Donnel just likes to stir the pot and that one took the cake in the stupidity category. Case closed.

#355     Apr 28, 2019
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

You ask me to die for a cause in a "freeish" country, I'm going to think real hard if I support the cause. This isn't feudal England we're talking about.

#356     Apr 28, 2019
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Where's Tony?
    We have some new statues for him to declare war on.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christopher Columbus statues in Providence, San Francisco vandalized on Columbus Day
    The statue in San Francisco was doused in red paint with a sign that read, "Destroy all monuments of genocide and kill all colonizers."
    [​IMG]
    A statue of Christopher Columbus was vandalized in Providence, R.I.Michelle R. Smith / AP
    Oct. 14, 2019, 7:32 PM UTC
    By Ben Kesslen
    Two statues of Christopher Columbus were vandalized Monday, doused with red paint, as Columbus Day comes under increased scrutiny from those who criticize the Italian navigator's legacy.

The Columbus statue in downtown Providence, Rhode Island, was defaced early Monday, NBC affiliate WJAR reported. The statue was draped in a sign that read “Stop Celebrating Genocide,” a reference to Columbus’ role in the colonization of North America, the killing of indigenous groups and the spread of slavery.

Across the country, in San Francisco, a statue of Columbus in the city’s Little Italy neighborhood was similarly vandalized. Below the statue someone wrote, "Destroy all monuments of genocide and kill all colonizers,” NBC Bay Area reported.

As people celebrated Italian Heritage Day in San Francisco, public works employees nearby were trying to scrape the blood-colored paint off Columbus’ face.

The dual defacements came as the movement to opt out of Columbus Day and instead commemorate Indigenous Peoples’ Day grows.

Related
    News
    Trading Columbus Day for Indigenous Peoples' Day is overdue for some
    For many indigenous people, a federal holiday recognizing the actions of the man who is thought to be history's most prominent colonizer is insulting and dehumanizing.

States like New Mexico, Vermont and Maine are instead celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day on Monday. Over 100 cities, towns and college campuses have adopted the day in place of Columbus Day.

Police in both Providence and San Francisco are investigating the vandalism of the statues, and said they have no suspects at this time.

#357     Oct 14, 2019
  8. Well, on the plus side, the public employees get a little break from scraping the shit off the streets in San Francisco. Not to worry though. It will still be there for them the next day.

[​IMG]

#358     Oct 14, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

in fairness, Columbus was a proper cunt, we've just swept it under the rug because 530 yrs ago.

#359     Oct 14, 2019
  10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Its about race, you need to tear down a country's heroes particularly if they are white in order to preserve the liberal narrative, whites are bad. Never mind that the democrat party has its roots deep in southern racism.

So Columbus is bad, the Founders are bad and the country they conceived is therefore bad and must be drastically changed.

Study the French Revolution, its all there just waiting to be repeated.

#360     Oct 14, 2019