Should cigarettes be banned?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Feb 11, 2008.

Should cigarettes be banned?

1. Totally, we are enlightened and health conscious, ban them

26 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. It impinges on freedom of choice, despite smokers being addicted and have no choice

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. i believe phillip morris, i like my ciggies, no probs

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Stop taxing addicted users, ban profiteering from this drug, gov or corporate, help people quit via

7 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. Yes, it's a wonder that the FDA has not yet classified tobacco as an essential food group, and that schools don't enforce mandatory smoking, at least for the children who are falling behind.

P.S. "Healthier," resinate? Perhaps hospitals should replace those anti-bacterial hand gel dispensers with individual cigarette dispensers for a quick health boost. Preventative medicine, you know.

P.P.S. 3 questions, resinate. Do you have young children? Do they smoke? If not, why not?

#31     Feb 12, 2008
  2. a real concern is children exposed to their parent's second hand smoke. it does real proven harm to their health. how can we protect these kids from their parent's?

#32     Feb 12, 2008
  3. Cal me crazy....but i think crystal Meth. and Alcahol are doing far mor damage to the home and society then Cigs.....have you ever heard on the news " MAN GOES CRAZY AFTER SMOKING SOME NEWPORTS AND SHOOTS UP THE MALL"??? OR have you ever watched COPS and seen video of a guy stealing so he can get hsi next pack of Camels???

cigs are long term unhealthy...jsut like Booze, Sugar and Diet pills....but we have far greater problems

#33     Feb 12, 2008
  4. ok, "you're crazy!" or rather stupid LOL

cry meth is banned. duh! and alcohol is a big problem too. does this fact diminish the ill effects of smoking? ya, these are problems too soi gnore the facts of smoking?

if i drink, you don't get drunk. but if YOU smoke I breathe your secondary emitted toxins. a little diff won't you agree?

#34     Feb 12, 2008
  5. The point, however, is that when you consume drugs or alcohol, the person beside you is not necessarily participating involuntarily. As I had written earlier, let people smoke, but stay the fuck away from my lungs. And people who intentionally abuse their bodies in this manner, which they are free to do for the most part, should also take personal responsibility for their voluntary actions when they become infirmed. Medicare and such should be reserved for people who at least give a shit.

#35     Feb 12, 2008
  6. I know you have no common sense but try to think for once in your life...If we can't ban Coke, Crystal Meth pot and Smack....what in the hell makes you think they are going to be able to ban tobacco??? LMAO...DUH!..Its Illegal???

Secondly....go look up how much damage the 'legal drug alcohol" does to America...Ask anyone if having an Alky in the family effects just them or the whole family...ask almost any child of an alcoholic parent if they would have preferred 2nd hand smoke in the house or a drunk parent....what a putz you are...ever here of support groups for victims of 2nd hand smoke???

#36     Feb 12, 2008
  7. P.P.S. 3 questions, resinate. Do you have young children? Do they smoke? If not, why not?

------------------------------------

The conundrum.

I smoke cause Dad did. My sister doesn't smoke because Dad did.

#37     Feb 12, 2008
  8. Good point. But such support groups exist because of the ABUSE of alcohol. Second-hand smoke lung damage exists from other people's USE of cigarettes. And in the extreme, yes, such support groups do exist. They are called cancer support groups. What makes it particularly repugnant is that they may have gotten cancer because of exposure to someone ELSE's filthy habit. Talk about insult to injury!

#38     Feb 12, 2008
  9. What about all these obese animals walking around who don't smoke? Why shoudl we pay for their food addiction and Oreo habit?

#39     Feb 12, 2008
  10. i agree with you except for the last statement. i believe in the humane treatments of humans, call me crazy :D , even those who act irresponsibly. You can't exclude because they've made bad choices knowingly or unknowingly. It's only money and money is not more important than lives :)

#40     Feb 12, 2008