Should all drugs be legalized in the United States

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 2, 2010.

Should all drugs be legal

1. Yes, all of them.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Just the soft drugs like marijuana

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. No, we dont need any more junkies in the US

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. No...in fact we should make cigarettes and alcohol illegal!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. It just happens to be how the brain works to block pain.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of a crazed killer robbing , kidnapping, turf wars etc etc over a coca-cola WHEN IT WAS THE REAL THING!

#21     Jul 3, 2010
  2. lets just see how far we want this country to go down that road of destruction.
    ------------------------

I think what we have here is people have nothing to do, so let's drink and fuck.

No jobs, no prospects of jobs.

We know we are not going to go hungry if we don't prepare for the winter. The Gov't going to provide food stamps, help with energy bills, shelter.

What's the incentive to be healthy when a trip to the Doc's is free and people think we have a pill for every ailment.

The Gov't safety net is now a way of life, free up our time so we can pursue hedonism.

#22     Jul 3, 2010
  3. Well anti-drug legislation and big brother stomping on personal freedoms isn't what are holding society together.

Prohibition of drugs is like throwing gasoline vapors on an open flame for organized crime both govt sanctioned and not.

Virtually none of the negative consequences cited about the illicit drug use or industry stem from the drug use itself , it's all about the consequence of making relatively normal and benign behavior a crime.

#23     Jul 3, 2010