Should a state of the USA have the right to legalize slavery?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 8, 2010.

Should a state of the USA have the right to legalize slavery for that state?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. Ricter

Ricter

They've probably voted that way just to get you going.

#11     Apr 8, 2010
  2. I dont believe in slavery where you just kidnap someone and make them your slave because thats what you want, but I do believe that if someone has a debt they cant pay, they should be forced to be a slave, but there can be no interest on their debt, but there can be penalties if they try to run away. I also do not believe you should mistreat your slaves either. No forcing a woman slave to have sex with you anytime you want or dance naked for you. You treat your slaves like a family member and any mistreatment gets their debt reduced or forgiven depending on severity.

#12     Apr 8, 2010
  3. Perhaps, or perhaps they actually would like to own human slaves...

#13     Apr 8, 2010
  4. Idiotic.

Heroin addicts don't die without heroin, diabetics dies without insulin...

#14     Apr 8, 2010
  5. We already have 'legalized' slavery - - - wage slavery, debt slavery, tax slavery - - - - and its only getting worse.

#15     Apr 8, 2010
  6. Thanks for your expert medical opinion.

#16     Apr 8, 2010
  7. Blotto

Blotto

Governments don't have rights: people do.

Should people have the right to enslave others? Of course not.
    Should a mob of people have the right to grant authority to others to practice slavery on their behalf? Of course not.

#17     Apr 8, 2010
  8. jem

jem

Who or what would we be enslaving.
    Slavery is a violation of the rights endowed upon our citizens by the Creator and a violation of international law.
    However, income tax is a from of slavery.
    The new health care bill has a slavery provision.

#18     Apr 8, 2010
  9. No its not. Only certain forms of slavery like kidnapping someone and making them your slave is something God frowns upon. Or adding more and more debt to a slave so that he can never buy himself out. If I remember right, the law used to be that after 7 years a man was to be set free from his servitude.

You will also find it interesting that slaves back in biblical times loved their masters so much that when they were freed, many chose to stay with their masters as it meant a better way of life for them.

#19     Apr 8, 2010
  10. jem

jem

I was paraphrasing jefferson.

#20     Apr 8, 2010