Shoud ET support a flexible option?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by chicha, May 5, 2003.

1. chicha

chicha

Shoud ET support a flexible option which allows a thread starter or poster to choose whether to bring the thread up to top on the front page?

I protest ET moved my thread out of chit chat which discourages me to post any more.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If there was an option like that, everbody would choose it. I mean, who wouldn't want their thread at the top of the homepage all the time?

3. chicha

chicha

No no no, you misunderstood me.

Without choosing such an option (by default) the current existing behavior remains. I.e. new and updated post are stacked at the top of its forum and the home page. If the option is chosen, the post only goes to the top of its forum but not at the top of the home page. Even better if there is an extra option when enabled, the order of the thread will not move at all.

There are modest people like me who do not want their thread or reply go to the top of the home page.

4. LongSnot

LongSnot

That's a switch. You're upset that your thread was moved out of Chit Chat into a normal forum. Like, the moderator must have said, "We're sorry, but this thread contains too much valuable material relevant to professional trading, therefore we cannot allow it to remain in the Chit Chat forum. In the future, please confine your content to useless irrelevant off-topic opinionated bigotries in order that we may allow your threads to remain in Chit Chat".

I guess the fact that you call yourself ChiCha should have been
    a clue.

Well, if you don't want your thread on the homepage, you could also try posting it in Feedback (like this one). You could create a new username and call yourself Feebac.