Shot Across the Bow: Bernanke Warns of 'Private Equity & Leveraged Buyout Risks'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 21, 2007.

1. Nothing you "point out" to me bothers me in the slightest. Your stripes are clear to everyone on this forum, with the exception of "Big Dog".

Incidently, anyone looking to teach English should work on his spelling a bit more.

Enjoy the day.

#21     May 22, 2007
  2. They're just as bad with their one way street. Together, the two groups discourage any intelligent discussion, as one group is always ultra defensive of the other and instantly resorts to name calling. See your "me too" going for his personal attack right from the start.

At any regard, the one small take away I can feel better about is the fact that I have derailed any chance of yet another doom thread going anywhere.

Why not have one thread for each? One BLSH thread entitled "The End of All Things" or "You Better Watch Out, You Better Not Pout". Then post all these articles that way. The stock_trader random one liners can have their own 100% up Room to Go crap and the rest of us can have more entertaining threads. The two groups of bears and bulls can play Hatfield/McCoy in those two threads until you all puke with happiness.

#22     May 22, 2007
  3. You seemed irked that I pointed out what a reactionary whiner you were being. You can deny it all you want, but I think it's painfully obvious.

I have stripes? I'm bearish about the economy right now, that doesn't make me a perma-bear. Besides that, I'm 90% long in equities. Wah wah, get over it dopey, you were flat out wrong.

How much money did you lose today? It's obvious you lost a bit. :p

#23     May 22, 2007
  4. That's not true at all.

I post bullish articles from time to time, and I'm even long certain positions right now.

Am I expecting a correction sooner rather than later?; do I think we're in the latter innings of a parabolic rise?; am I heavily in cash now?; do I think private equity and LBO deals are way overdone?; do I believe the risk/reward profile is significantly worse for longs now than it was last summer, when most of the stocks I track (basically the S&P 500, through screening) were 25%-70% cheaper?

Yes to all the above.

But again, I don't pretend to be able to predict the future.

The article I posted is about Bernanke's comments, which seem eerily reminiscent of the remarks Greenspan made in '98, albeit addressing a different aspect of the equity markets (leveraging of massive amount of debt and overpaying for, and inflating asset prices, versus extremely high P/E ratios).

Who knows what will happen....

#24     May 22, 2007
  5. Ah, so you take my comments and repeat them back to me. What's next, "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?"

What a llama.

#25     May 22, 2007
  6. If you do post bullish articles, I just guess I haven't seen them. I'll withdraw my original comment then, and apologize. I'll look more often for your balanced coverage.

You can call off your pet now.

Cheers.

#26     May 22, 2007
  7. Flipping companies like real estate. Sub prime 5.0 on the richter scale. HELLO!!!!!

#27     May 22, 2007
  8. Wah wah...your comments? All I heard was reactionary bitching that was completely subjective. Cute, try again. :D

#28     May 22, 2007
  9. Apology accepted. SisPuede isn't my pet. He's actually pretty bright and has a great hedge strategy IMO.

You two should be civil to each other. We should help each other take scraps from the BSDs.

#29     May 22, 2007
  10. Bright? Hardly. He's rude, about as creative as an American Idol contestant (his inability to come up with a new insult), and as far as I can tell, has offered nothing to this forum in his 350 or so posts here.

Talk to you later.

#30     May 23, 2007