Shot Across the Bow: Bernanke Warns of 'Private Equity & Leveraged Buyout Risks'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 21, 2007.

1. that was one i was thinking that is getting us in that direction...one that i know that would be over the top would be if HD was taken private at a big premium

#11     May 22, 2007
  2. Get over yourself.

Again, if you don't like what Bernanke is saying, don't read the article. Write a letter to Michael Bloomberg while you're at it, and tell him to instruct his journalists not to report on Bernanke's speeches.

Thanks for the remarkable yet bizarre implication that Bernanke speaks for me. I relish that kind of influence.

Hey Ben Bernanke: Cut interest rates so I can sell some of my developed lots.

-Let's see if he can hear me.

#12     May 22, 2007
  3. Can someone post the timestamp for Bernanke's remarks. Thanks.

#13     May 22, 2007
  4. HD or Radioshack getting bought out at a 35% premium - that would signal me.

#14     May 22, 2007
  5. Asking a question is not whining. What you are doing about me is actually a bit closer to whining. Quite a bit.

But have it your way. You and BLSH can continue your dozens of posts, all revolving around the same general subject, all with your virtual sign waving about the economical apocalypse. To most of us, it's essentially spam.

The odd thing is the artcle isn't bad, actually. It's just the fact that the same ol' doom and gloom crowd continues to harp about it (doom and gloom) that annoys the shit out of everyone here.

As for being long, I highly doubt that. People who behave like you do are doing so because it is a psychological reaction to losing (money in this case). If you were actually 90% long, you would just be happy the market is going up and you wouldn't want that to end.

But you never answered my question. Which one of you is Big dog and which one is "me too"?

[​IMG]

I'm guessing you're "me too". The little dog always yaps the loudest.

#15     May 22, 2007

6. So, what you're saying is that Bernanke's comments are not notable enough and don't warrant posting here, and/or Bloomberg shouldn't have reported on this speech, and/or I shouldn't post Bloomberg articles covering the Federal Reserve Chariman's comments about the the "risks" of frothy LBO deals?

Why are you ducking the point?

#16     May 22, 2007
  7. You choose to post the article. It is the consistancy in the style of the article you are posting that I'm referring to. Not the actual article itself.

#17     May 22, 2007
  8. No more english lessons? :D

I'm pointing out that your'e being a bitch, sorry that bothers you.

I'm totally long 90% of my money...you can doubt it all you want. I'm bearish on the economy, so what? I'm still long small caps and gold stocks which are rather outside the market's general trend 95% of the time. There are many ways to be bullish outside of indices dummy. Do you need a lesson in that too? Do you even know what breadth is? Lately, even thoug the indices have gone up, you could have not been making any money due to terrible breadth in the markets.

Good luck. :p

#18     May 22, 2007

9. I post maybe 3 or 4 Bloomberg articles a week. This is one of the most notable, ones, IMO, as it has to do with potential Fed Policy regarding excessive LBO activity, which could have monetary policy implications.

Ask Makloda or EqtTrdr if I ever remark on their 30 a day '100% up room to go' bullish one liners. I don't. It doesn't bother me. I could care less who is posting what.

It doesn't bother me at all.

Why do substantive articles trouble you so?

#19     May 22, 2007
  10. So news is all the same? Nothing changes? Bernanke has been saying the same thing for a long time now? Were you going to post the article?

BuyLo, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting news about the Fed and the economy...you're a disgrace to people who think! :p

#20     May 22, 2007