Shortsqueeze.com Is there a better one?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Illum, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Illum

Illum

I am trying to find the best service for short interest. Shortsqueeze offers a three day jump on what can be found for free on yahoo, but also they have rankings and screeners. Still for 25 a month, 3 days is worth it to me. I'm wondering if there is anything even better. Thx

2. Do you know that you can get short interest on bigcharts.com for free. Does not include nasdaq.

3. I use to use that site but stopped since I don't think anyone has accurate information on short interest.

John

4. CET

CET

There is such a lag on short interest data that paying for anyone's data is wasted money IMO. It is amazing that in this electronic age that this info is not reported at least weekly and I argue for daily.

5. Illum

Illum

Thx for all the input, I do appreciate it. The market is in a painful place for shorts, who are more than likely right about their positions but may have to close them anyway. I think I'm going to go ahead and use shortsqueeze. I did understand the warnings about crummy data, lagging etc. I just have nowhere else to turn. I will still look at previous volume and price to see if the data does not reflect the vast majority of shorts are out. I wish there was a service that posted daily, I know I would pay for it. Thx for your time.