shorting this market today...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dgmodel, Oct 29, 2002.

1. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

will do thank you very much...

#11     Oct 29, 2002
  2. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

ahhh thank you very much...

#12     Oct 29, 2002
  3. the bigger issues on NYSE you shouldn't have too much problem getting your short filled....but on thinner stocks...well, it's days like this that I'm glad to be at a pro firm. Sometimes you buy bullets...you realize you could have avoided them....other days(like today) you buy 'em...you hit sell.....and Bam! crush.:D

Then proceed to do cartwheels.:)

Only thing making me unhappy today is (OMG) halted all morning...gonna open down 15points or so....I was short this thing in August in my swing account....still don't remember why I covered. Oh well.

#13     Oct 29, 2002
  4. redzuk

redzuk

Who holds the index's offer above 5% limit down? Must really mess with programs.

#14     Oct 29, 2002
  5. Thought this might be of interest....THere was some massive volume today to the tune of 30000-40000 contracts traded for each of the Dec QQQ puts @ 18, 20, & 24 strikes. Total volume was around 120000 or cash positions worth $6000000. All went through pretty much on the ask, so were opened long positions. I am getting a leary feeling these days as everyone and their brother keeps talking about this Santa rally being in the bag. SInce we have been down all year, why is it so impossible to fathom the markets closing the year near their lows, which is pretty much where we are now.

#15     Oct 31, 2002