Shorting TheStreet.Com

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Is anyone else seeing this? This chart looks like it is setting itself up for the fall. Earnings call is coming up. Hmmm, what would Jim do in a time like this. He would buy the puts...

It almost looks like the price is about to fall off a cliff.

2. Surdo

Surdo

Cramer founded the company in the 90's!
    Do you have a poster of J.C. above your guest couch in Manhattan?

3. WWCD? (what would crammer do)

He'd get real short, then pass off some rumors to the Pisani's and Faber's of the World..."I heard that the largest shareholder and founder is gonna get investigated..." :p

4. Not sure why it looks like its ready to fall in that chart? I wouldn't do anything with that stock and wait for a clear break of the range.

5. shfly

shfly

michael,

wouldn't underestimate Cramer...Also, 50/200 SMA's below acting as support...maybe...:D

Coulnd't TSCM be a buy-out candidate?

None.

6. Who'd buy a dog like that? Their revenue growth is pathetic and they have a hard time growing revenues from subscriptions.

Instead, they now try to increase revenues from advertising and we all know how well you can make money with that on a financial content site (read: you can't. it barely makes ends meet).

7. I wouldn't say that's too far fetched. Maybe the stock is telling you that. Elgindy knew where the SEC was going next. Is it out of the realm to think it happens now?

8. ITM puts have a bid-ask spread that's 3% of the stock price. Not sure anyone can make money on these unless you think there's gonna be a really big drop.