shorting stocks-how to buy stocks at lowest price possible with OptionsHouse?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by diamente, May 17, 2010.

1. diamente

diamente

Is there anyway to set a trailing buy order at Optionshouse to buy stocks at lowest price possible?

When selling stocks at Zecco, I usually set a trailing stop order. I want to sell at the highest price possible and if I were to set a limit order, the price would be limited. If I set a trailing stop sell order, the sell price could go higher and hence more profit.

When shorting stocks, I want to buy stocks back at lowest price possible. Here's what Optionshouse ask you on the order ticket:

You can set a trigger, if the condition of the last tick/ask/buy price is greater or less than certain amount, you then can do these following orders: market, limit, stop limit, stop,limit on close, limit on open.

You can set a trailing stop, if the condition of the last tick/ask/buy price is greater or less than certain amount, you then can do these following orders: market, limit, stop limit, stop,limit on close, limit on open.

Here's what I did at Optionshouse, I set a trialing stop price if the last tick price is up 3 cents, I set a limit price to sell. But I have found that even if the stock is down more than 10 cents or so, I kept getting filled at the limit price.