Shorting Radioshack (RSH)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Earnings tomorrow morning?

Continue freefall or "surprise" again?

#21     Jul 29, 2007
  2. up .50 in pre-market. Hmm..

#22     Jul 30, 2007
  3. rc5781

rc5781

covered at $25....nice drop i was getting worried about the huge short position...

#23     Jul 30, 2007
  4. Losers Change Mkt Cap

RadioShack Corporation -10.31% 3.50B

Nice Michael!

#24     Jul 30, 2007
  5. This is another common sense play. If CC and BBY are falling and TWTR has gone bankrupt, then RSH should not be continually trading higher. It doesnt make any sense.

However, I do believe it might be a good buying opportunity right now. That would be a risky long trade though and I would only get in long when I see a series of higher highs and higher lows.

On a different note, I did hear a commercial on Bloomberg for Radioshack. I didnt know that Radioshack sells Sony. Its good to see that they are getting away from the good ole Tandy brands and huge megaphones.

When was the last time you knew someone that needed a huge megaphone?

I wonder what kind of pricing is at Radioshack and if its competitive with Circuit City. I do vaguely remember that their pricing was off the wall compared to other stores when I visited them many years back.

#25     Jul 30, 2007
  6. To lose Radio Shack would be sad. Just like dear Tweeter I practically lived at the original Tweeter on Comm Ave in my frisky days. Lots of good components to be had there. Radio shack is still the only place to go for certain plugs I need a splitter for the DSL and Verizon stores can't give it to you despite offering the DSL! And those Clerks like employees at RS are indispensable to the human condition. I feel ultimately there is a land asset play behind the Radio Shack long argument.

#26     Jul 30, 2007
  7. was also sold friday.

#27     Sep 9, 2007