Shorting Palladium

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by heavenskrow, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Is there any other way to short Palladium other than futures?
    It doesn't seem I can buy put options on PALL ETF?

If not, what brokerage has the lowest initial/maintenance margin to trade palladium futures?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  2. maxinger

maxinger

Palladium futures volume is rather low.
    not sure about etf or options on Pal but if there is, its volume will most likely be low.

Pal Futures margin requirement is very huge at $13k.

There are other better things to trade actually.

Nobert and Handle123 like this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

As trending Palladium seems to be, no options in it, nor PALDF, stand aside.

Nobert likes this.
  4. _eug_

_eug_

Ive been watching PA as well. I think it will wash out at some point like silver / gold in 2011. At this point the chart is starting to look like BTC 2017.

5. _eug_

_eug_

Is there an inverse etf on PA?

6. MichalTr

MichalTr

If you are in country that allows that, you can always use CFD and make bet against some bookie.

And answering your question - for futures the margin will be around 12-13 K. and the difference between FCMs will be not so big (considering the size of margin).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    AKUMATOTENSHI likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Maybe so, but palladium was what's sell off I predicted. The option chain is not really traded either.

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Correct. I posted exactly this a week ago, BEFORE the top was in. Since then it dropped 9% in the time frame I had given...

guru likes this.
  9. guru

guru

There may be some European perpetual puts that can be traded like ETFs at Interactive Brokers.
    I've traded some of them in the past but not on palladium, and currently do not have market data subscription for those, so don't know if that's it and how the volume may look like.

upload_2019-12-22_13-52-25.png

#10     Dec 22, 2019