Shorting MCD (McDonald)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by riskfreetrading, Aug 8, 2008.

1. You don't short this Risk, what you do is you buy a retracement.

Daniel

#31     Aug 10, 2008
  2. Doesn't work. Sounds good on paper but it just doesn't work that way man.

#32     Aug 11, 2008
  3. Those questions (and the answers) don't mean SHIT in trading.

Everyone thought wheat was expensive at $6 a barrel. What do you think they thought when it was @ $12?

That logic just doesn't work.

Stocks are just commodities. Game of hot potato

#33     Aug 11, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Pretty rare for someone to understand that.

#34     Aug 11, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Thank you. Alot of people complain and talk about what a terrible place ET is, or has become. Since my illness I have found the exact opposite to be true, and with the exception of one person who had a bad experiance with me when I ran a subsription service (who wished me a slow and painful death), I have had nothing but kindness from people. Thank you again for your very kind regards.

#35     Aug 11, 2008
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

MCD is at a 52-week high and has moved far above its SMAs. The majority of the time this acts as a bit of a magnet and the stocks pulls back at least a little before resuming an uptrend. Today, the OP can already take profits in pre-market, based on his/her entry price. Also MCD margins will be adversely affected by increasing food prices, making it more difficult to continue to post strong earnings.

#36     Aug 11, 2008
  7. I've lost more money buying retracements than I ever did calling tops. I think this 'common knowledge' is ultimately erroneous knowledge. (but maybe this implies i have a talent for identifying fundamental blowoff tops)

#37     Aug 11, 2008

8. Tell it brotha

#38     Aug 11, 2008
  9. I took profits at 65.00 this morning. Profits= (66.05-65). I am going to re-enter on revisit of highs (around 6.15). Entry is in next post.

#39     Aug 11, 2008
  10. 11:38AM Monday August 11, 2008: I just re-entered my short position. Price at $66:38.

My cost basis is now: 66.38+1.05 (profit).

#40     Aug 11, 2008