Shorting Market or Long OIL, is Hoping Katrina gets WORSE and morally Problematic?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by fxpeculator, Aug 28, 2005.

1. however everybody going into the close on friday thought katrina would miss the gulf, because government release a pr saying it would probably miss the gulf. It was spread through all of the wires. However early saturday they had to issue a release saying they were wrong. Alot of people were going into friday short. I wouldnt blame them. Also people werent expecting the severity cat 5 and directly over the port of lousina and the oil platforms. Im expecting heavy damage to the rigs because alot of people were caught off guard.

#11     Aug 28, 2005
  2. I hope you did not put this trade on.

#12     Aug 29, 2005

3. Came into today net short.

#13     Aug 29, 2005
  4. so did we all, so did we all.

#14     Aug 29, 2005
  5. I'm still short. Been short since July 22nd and see no reason to cover. This hurricane and the damage it's done certainly won't make me cover.

#15     Aug 29, 2005
  6. Anybody who shortcovered?

#16     Aug 29, 2005
  7. I dont expect this market to suddently collapse after riding well above key support levels: 1996-1203 on the S&P.

#17     Aug 29, 2005
  8. I didn't say anything about suddenly collapsing, though that is always a possibility.

#18     Aug 29, 2005
  9. Well, if you are short then you are expecting the market to retrace at least back below today's lows. If that's not the case why did you not close your position earlier this morning?
    Just asking..:)

#19     Aug 29, 2005
  10. Besides Katrina, Greenspan also warned about housing market on Saturday, But that did not do jack to today's climb also...
    I am just curious if market will follow the result of GDP on Wednesday :confused: :eek: :confused:

#20     Aug 29, 2005