Shorting Market or Long OIL, is Hoping Katrina gets WORSE and morally Problematic?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by fxpeculator, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Shorting Market, shorting insurance companies, or Long OIL, is Hoping Katrina gets WORSE and causes massive damage morally Problematic?

2. Never play news.. once its out its always too late and the risk to reward stinks. The pros build position before news and once the news hits they manage position accordingly.. but to start a new position based of news plays is dangerous.

3. Who said someone was initiating a short right now or tomorrow, traders knew about this hurricane on Friday.

4. Yeah, we knew about it but we didn't know it was going to hit NO with CAT 5 intensity.
    My bet is Allah intervenes and the hurricane disappears and reappears over Israel.

5. LOL, love the diversity of thought on the board, so refreshing.

6. Gotta clean up my screen now. :D

7. So what should I be buying and selling? I think I may short the Allah futures and go long some Budda call options.

8. Budda call options...that's what got me married.

9. ROFLAO :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

10. should have already been short from last weeks market breakdown -- oil was holding highs, inflation speak was brewing, and the price action was negative. if you get in now then scale in and don't try to hit anything out of the park on your first swing.

#10     Aug 28, 2005