Shorting KLAC

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ojo, Nov 1, 2002.

1. ojo

ojo

I am not sure but today I had to concentrate on long position.

It was good for me because I could really focus on how to enter long positions....I didnt do it perfectly but I really learned alot from today's trades

ojo

#11     Nov 1, 2002
  2. Did you enter on pullbacks or breakouts?...

#12     Nov 1, 2002
  3. ojo

ojo

sorry for slow reply

I entered on breakouts

#13     Nov 1, 2002
  4. ojo

How's it been going? Still shorting KLAC?

V77

#14     Nov 9, 2002
  5. DTK

DTK

I short KLAC often using IB and don't think I have ever been given the message that it wasn't available. Then again I don't trade it every day. Just checked their web page and it's there now (it's Sunday night).

I did experience something similar with AMZN though. It too is back on the shortable stocks list now.

#15     Nov 10, 2002
  6. BCE

BCE

Are you guys all ganging up on poor little KLAC? LOL It's headed back up to 65 real soon so be very careful..............NOT!!!!! LOL
    The more extended stocks get the more traders want to short them and hold them and they thus become unavailable. Plus it has to do maybe with your broker. A lot of times you can call them and they'll free some shares up for you to short. Another thing you can do besides trading the options as was mentioned is to trade a similar stock like QLGC although they've been trading a bit differently at times in the last week or so. And actually QLGC rebounded a lot more off it's lows than KLAC. It's up over 100% as opposed to KLAC which is only up about 40%. Good luck. :)

#16     Nov 11, 2002