Shorting is extremely risky in this market- losses, losses, losses

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HedgefundTrader2, Feb 24, 2008.

1. The monster buying/impressive market reversal we saw on Friday closing bell...... was due to the big boys were tipped off..."Big annoucement next week on Monday or Tuesday, ABK will be rescured". When this annoucement is being released, we'll see mini rally of the market over all next week. The big boys were covering or buying so they can sell to the small guys in the coming up rally, in the NT. Be careful of short positions, especially in the financials next week... one might get burned real bad.

QUOTE]Quote from day7793:

SHORTING IS EXTREMELY RISKY IN THIS MARKET. YOU WILL INCUR HUGE LOSSES.

This was a monster class buy program that hit Friday Feb 22, 2008, well timed, and well exceuted. About 20% of day's volume unleashed in last 1/2 hr. I mean it was a Tsunami that leveled all these shallow water fishes, pirhanas, crocodiles and shorts, that were swimming in it eating people's lives and limbs for 2 days of relentless selling.

Whoever did it, I salute them. May you unleash this again, please....
    [/QUOTE]

#11     Feb 24, 2008
  2. And being you is an extremely shitty existence.

#12     Feb 24, 2008
  3. Yeah the market is really gonna fly with all the amazing home builds and sales data being released this week. Also, see the news on Citigroup released today. The problem isn't as simple as rescuing a few bond insurers, it runs much deeper. We go lower all of next week.

#13     Feb 24, 2008

4. So you are long, be careful

#14     Feb 24, 2008
  5. Your IQ is dangerous to your health, and has been shown to cause MPLS (massive portfolio loss syndrome).

#15     Feb 24, 2008

6. Hey get lost you rude son of .....Go scalp pennies and try to hurt people without remorse you stinking rat.

#16     Feb 24, 2008
  7. Why else would ANYONE ever want the market to go up? Unless you are already long and most likely stuck with losing positions, there is really no other reason to hope the market ever goes up. For traders (real traders that is) are much better of in a falling market because volitility is much greater. Even investors with long range outlooks are better served with markets that are down to buy more shares cheaply. I honestly dont know what good a rising market is for anyone unless you are ready to pull all your money out of the market relativly soon. Obviously if you are overleveraged at higher prices or have a portfolio full of garbage, previous cycle momo stocks, your're fucked and post worthless garbage every day about how evil a falling market is.

#17     Feb 24, 2008
  8. Can anyone please explain how in a split second or couple of minutes a large and diverse basket of stocks across many sectors can instantaneously and simultaneously be bought in value exceedingly higher?

I KNOW this was a "buy program" (s) based on oversold conditions/leaked info/stupid biz show hype - that instigated massive short covering - but come on.

How can so many stocks be so easily manipulated in price so drastically and quickly - makes no sense.

In the larger scheme of things the move will be lost in the charts by next week (it is, now actually).

But let's look at our market system and see why 100's and even 1000's of stocks will simultaneously sell at such an increase in price almost instantaneously.

I mean such a wild move in prices would need real buying cash dollars put where the mouth is doesn't it?

Any help better understanding the market would help.

G

#18     Feb 24, 2008

9. How can I beg for attention when you keep unloading your filthy mouth all over again? You keep stalking threads with vile and abusive comments...piece of junk.

#19     Feb 24, 2008

10. Your ass got handed down to you on Friday? Can't admit losses can you? Pure shame..

#20     Feb 24, 2008